Active Topics

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
And what is you point? Stuff changes accept it. Tomorrow you may have cancer, or me, or some of your friend may get ill?
You know, Mikecomputing, you may just take it to the next level and stop accepting cancer. Revolt against the possible causes.
There are plenty surrounding us and embedded in gadget driven lifestyle..
I really hope you do that when off TMO.

Mine is below 1000, in "picking" since 11th of Dec, nor further info for 3days , I have it sent to Belgium.

The Following User Says Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Well sorry, I agree that was a terrible sentence. It was three pages ago so let's say it is too late to fix it. Better read it several times carefullly to understand it, if you can survive its grammar and multiple negatives.
I wasn't referring to this one sentence or its grammar, actually.

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Please elaborate then. By the way, in the first sentence, I should have added that "not all" webshop invitations have been sent according to preorder date. Most webshop invitations were sent in proper order I think. But not all.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
You know, Mikecomputing, you may just take it to the next level and stop accepting cancer. Revolt against the possible causes.
There are plenty surrounding us and embedded in gadget driven lifestyle..
I really hope you do that when off TMO.

Mine is below 1000, in "picking" since 11th of Dec, nor further info for 3days , I have it sent to Belgium.

I give up.
Attached Images

Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Thanks, that's the one sentence in this thread that I find useful in the last 3-4 hours. ste-phan: there is hope though, it has been reported that the status may be delayed, so your device might be closer to "Shipped" than you think.

Also, it looks like Jolla isn't working this weekend, which is fair enough.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ UK/Greece
Same here, In picking (#200000657) since 11-Dec with no updates. As I can see from the spreadsheet, it seems that no one from the UK has had a "Shipped" update yet.

Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Originally Posted by Kabouik
.... However, the mistake here - supposedly unrelated to the issues they have acknowledged - is that webshop invitations have not been sent according to preorder date. I myself received it in the second wave despite being invited to Helsinki (which was a good descriptor of my preorder-priority), and I know several people who got webshop credentials in the first wave despite preordering one week after May 20th, despite not being invited to Helsinki, and who got their device delivered while many earlier preorderers still have their status on "in picking".

WTF did I just read?
Very simple and perfectly understandable by Kabouik:

1) There is a pre-order sequence or order of Jollas. The order in which you placed your order in wave one or two.

2) Then Jolla sent out invitations to the Helsinki purchase event. These apparently went out to the first pre-orderers in pre-order sequence. So far, so good.

3) Then Jolla sent out webshop invitations, so you could complete the pre-order. This is where it all started to go wrong. They did not follow the pre-order order, but sent the webshop invitations out in some other order. Some people who pre-ordered later, got their invitations to the webshop earlier than others who had pre-ordered before them.

4) Now there is another order of orders, the sequence in which people placed those orders completions to the webshop itself. This order is dependent on the webshop invitations as well as peoples time of getting to pay the order there etc. Note that because people got invitations not in the same sequence as they made their orders, they could not complete their orders in the same order even if they were as fast as humanly possible.

5) When Jolla started shipping, they did not choose to follow the pre-order sequence, but instead apparently are following the webshop order completion sequence, which can be quite random based on when people got their invites (remember, they didn't come out in order) and when they completed their order, even if they did so before the December 2nd deadline. Even if we disregard the DNA sales and pick-ups, it seems completely inexcusable that they didn't respect the original pre-order order at this point with mail shippings. But for some reason they did not.

The discrepancy between the order in point 1) and the order in point 5), added to the delays in completing the pre-orders and separate DNA sales, has caused many early orders to wait for their orders far longer than those who ordered later. There are several day one pre-orderers who are still waiting for their orders after people ordering much later have already gotten theirs.

Get it now? I think Kabouik was very clear.

Now, if Jolla actually told us some actual information on the shipping process we wouldn't have to keep guessing - but they seem he**bent on feeding us only PR mumbo jumbo.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to epmt For This Useful Post:
Have you guys missed this tweet from cybette?

https://twitter.com/cybette/status/4...243264/photo/1

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by epmt View Post
Very simple and perfectly understandable by Kabouik:
What is this? Where am I? Is this Candid Camera?
It's not that I wouldn't be intellectually able to grasp what he wrote. It's just beyond me how someone can write a whole thesis on the order in which orders are processed.... and then you come along and literally use words like

Originally Posted by epmt View Post
This is where it all started to go wrong.
Nothing goes wrong. Devices are being shipped, FCS!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
What is this? Where am I? Is this Candid Camera?
It's not that I wouldn't be intellectually able to grasp what he wrote. It's just beyond me how someone can write a whole thesis on the order in which orders are processed.... and then you come along and literally use words like

Nothing goes wrong. Devices are being shipped, FCS!
This is a forum thread about Jolla pre-order tracking. Hence we should probably discuss that, not for example candid cameras or your reading comprehension. But I'll play.

Some people here are trying to help others by providing information. Kabouik did just that. I have no clue as to what you are trying to accomplish with your comments. Put those efforts down, I guess.

Someone takes the effort of writing a long informative post - all it takes is a WTF one-liner to bully him. Great going. I'm sure you are happy about your great efforts. You could have, of course, just ignored Kabouik's post if it didn't interest you.

As for going wrong, Jolla's pre-order process certainly went wrong. They said so much themselves. Nobody is saying the devices aren't shipping, they are saying the order and schedule of those shipments went wrong. The details, of course, why and what exactly are cloudy because we have to piece them ourselves.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to epmt For This Useful Post: