Active Topics

Originally Posted by strongm View Post
Seems to me from the spreadsheet that phones are moving into "In Picking" somewhat faster than they are then being shipped. I wonder if this is evidence of a new problem with Itella: Jolla staff working as hard as possible to get about 800 phones ready to ship per day, and then only approx. 400 phones per day being actually shipped.
Or maybe when you go past "In picking" you get a tracking number and you have something else to refresh, so the spreadsheet becomes unimportant ;-)

The Following User Says Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Real sailors can drink while shipping
real sailors drink rum while shipping, or no shipping at all

edit: rum / vodka drinkin' sailors just changed my status to "in picking"
SKÁL!

Last edited by Leinad; 2013-12-13 at 23:51.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Perhaps, but I added a column in the sheet just to check that the status is up to date. For many, it's actually still in picking.

I think it's easier to pick items than to ship them, so they might have picked a lot of them when they had shipment issues, plus it was some good news for a lot of people when the shitstorm was starting on Twitter.

And it might be way easier and less risky to update to a "-ing" status than to a "-ed" status. Difference between a process and a real definite state.

Originally Posted by strongm View Post
Seems to me from the spreadsheet that phones are moving into "In Picking" somewhat faster than they are then being shipped. I wonder if this is evidence of a new problem with Itella: Jolla staff working as hard as possible to get about 800 phones ready to ship per day, and then only approx. 400 phones per day being actually shipped.
How it usually works with Itella/Posti is that you have one or couple of picking times a day. I doubt Itella has any problems taking thousands of phone boxes in pallets a day, let alone hundreds. Those phones hardly take any space.

At least a company I used to work for a summer job fetched around hundred of pallets of high end electronics every day just using Itella.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
I don't know if this has been
# Problem
It seems that what happened is mostly the above, but to some extent, the following:
Preorder date Webshop access in discrete waves → Expectations of order numbers based on initial preorder date.

(Yes, I tried to use ASCII to draw a wrong way, sorry for that. :X)
And what is you point? Stuff changes accept it. Tomorrow you may have cancer, or me, or some of your friend may get ill?

RIght now I am listening on musikhjälpen(taken from neterlands Serious Request). this year money goto the "girls have the right to survive pregnancy." very intresting to see people who actually doing something for the world, to make it different in positive direction. instead of sitting here crying about a phone the not yet have received.

Seriously...

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-12-14 at 00:20.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
And what is you point? Stuff changes accept it. Tomorrow you may have cancer, or me, or some of your friend may get ill?

RIght now I am listening on musikhjälpen(taken from neterlands Serious Request). this year money goto the "girls have the right to survive pregnancy." very intresting to see people who actually doing something for the world, to make it different in positive direction. instead of sitting here crying about a phone the not yet have received.

Seriously...
Well, I thought it was pretty clear:

This message is not a complaint [...] This is just my attempt towards deciphering the method they used.

[...]

Just trying to sum up [...] what we've learned from the spreadsheet.

[...]

Sorry for the long post, no rage in it.

[...]

tl;dr - My understanding of how they defined priorities
I failed my attempt since my post was too long for a summary, sure thing. I'm sorry you took it so personally.

As for the second part of your message, be sure I also use my time for more important things sometimes; you'd be surprised. Fortunately, people don't just extrapolate everyone's TMO post like you just did, otherwise I'm not sure you would feel that useful to society either.

I was not being aggressive at Jolla or anything. We have 70 pages of people discussing tracking numbers, I thought I was free to write something on what I seem to understand so far (with the risk of being wrong though).

Last edited by Kabouik; 2013-12-14 at 00:32.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Well, I thought it was pretty clear:

I failed my attempt since my post was too long for a summary, sure thing. I'm sorry you took it so personally.

As for the second part of your message, be sure I also use my time for more important things sometimes; you'd be surprised. Fortunately, people don't just extrapolate everyone's TMO post like you just did, otherwise I'm not sure you would feel that useful to society either.

I was not being aggressive at Jolla or anything. We have 70 pages of people discussing tracking numbers, I thought I was free to write something on what I seem to understand so far (with the risk of being wrong though).
As most the time when I reply I reply because I get enought of rant. This time I wrong person got it.

Because it was not only your post. There are several posts here with alot more "crying/rant/whine" than your post.

Btw I did not "take it personally" all I am saying we all have to cool down. Its just a phone in the end. Even if we do like what the engineers has really worked hard with latest year.

Edit: Sorry if I got to rude.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-12-14 at 11:01.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
thanks for the spreadsheet.
Is this a document where we have to put in our own details??...
I really didnt get this one...

My order number is 20...04099 (dont know how much zero's it was)
I'm not in the list :P

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
thanks for the spreadsheet.
Is this a document where we have to put in our own details??...
I really didnt get this one...

My order number is 20...04099 (dont know how much zero's it was)
I'm not in the list :P
Yeah, crowdsourcing data, update with your own number/status/dates so everyone can get a better idea how it is going and estimate time remaining

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Perth, Australia
Originally Posted by mattaustin View Post
I just phoned FedEx a second time and they said their internal system shows it as still awaiting customs clearance, and that I can ignore the 'cancelled' status
Just to follow up - my online tracking status just changed from:
13/12/2013 07:23 Shipment cancelled by sender
to:
14/12/2013 05:41 At local FedEx facility
That was a long time with the messed-up status!

So looks like it will get delivered Monday

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattaustin For This Useful Post: