I made accidentaly a crap backup from whole phone but dont want to keep that.

How can i delete it? Cant find a way how to do it?

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by att View Post
Are you talking about 1.0.1.10 (Laadunjärvi) which was released at Monday, or older release? Because 1.0.1.10 already increased the contrast.
And if you'd like to tweak it some more, see config in /var/lib/environment/nemo - you want the QT_DF_* variables in 50-jolla-ui.conf

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
I made accidentaly a crap backup from whole phone but dont want to keep that.

How can i delete it? Cant find a way how to do it?
Settings app: System settings: Backup, tap the backup, tap Delete.

The Following User Says Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by abyzthomas View Post
How about the messaging app. Can you open multiple windows of messaging with different people (like we can do on N9)?
I keep about 4-5 messaging windows open all the time and I just switch between them on my N9.
Now how do you do that on N9??
On my device the messaging app and mail client both can only open once. If I swipe away and start them again from icons I just get the already open application....
Is there a setting/tweak somewhere to do that?

Originally Posted by vo-de View Post
Integrate calendar (current day) to notifications screen.
I second this.

"Deleting in 5 seconds.." can be rather annoying - is there a way to speed up the process?
This is such a brilliant feature. As Bockersjv indicates, you can carry on doing other stuff - it's just a very clever way of avoiding having to confirm that, Yes, you do indeed want to delete something. It streamlines things so brilliantly!

Blinking LED's need to go
Coming from the low-power mode screen of the N9, the notification LED is a minimum must-have in my opinion.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to zamorph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 63 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Austria
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Now how do you do that on N9??
On my device the messaging app and mail client both can only open once. If I swipe away and start them again from icons I just get the already open application....
Is there a setting/tweak somewhere to do that?
If I swipe away a messaging instance with an open dialog, re-launching the messaging-app opens up another instance. Don't know why your N9 behaves differently.

Last edited by N9uwu; 2013-12-11 at 23:04.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to N9uwu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Finland
So how do I connect my Jolla to Mac? Or Linux for that matter? Android File Transfer app doesn't seem to do it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Miharin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by N9uwu View Post
If I swipe away a messaging instance with on open dialog, re-launching the messaging-app opens up another instance. Don't know why your N9 behaves differently.
If you launch the messaging app and swipe away and relaunch, you will only get 1 window.

If you launch the messaging app and open some contacts messages, and then swipe away and relaunch from icon, you will get a new windows. You can keep doing this with as many contacts on N9 to have their message windows open so you can switch between them. I leave the message window open for the people I message often so I can switch to them easily.

Edit: I always hoped if the email client also allowed us to do it, but it does not on N9.

Last edited by abyzthomas; 2013-12-11 at 20:59.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Helsinki, FInland
Got my Jolla today from DNA. Very excited. But later I was totally disappointed. The phone sometimes doesn't find my sim card and losing signal for more than 10 times in less than half an hour. The phone is already updated to the latest firmware. (BTW. my sim card works perfect in nokia and samsung devices) I have to constantly restart the phone in order to re-detect the sim card. I went to DNA, they refused to change a new one for me. They told me the only option is to send the phone to service point. Unbelievable service! I have heard that usually in Finland they will replace the faulty phone with a new one. This kind of experience really let me down. This is definitely the last time for me to purchase anything from DNA. And Jolla, let's see what you will do.

The Following User Says Thank You to beylow For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Miharin View Post
So how do I connect my Jolla to Mac? Or Linux for that matter? Android File Transfer app doesn't seem to do it.
You need MTP client for Mac. I use simple-mtpfs for Fedora Linux.

Gphoto2 gets in the way so I have to mount, umount and mount again to actually use the filesystem. Haven't used any time to short out this problem because it is so fast to mount-umount-mount.

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience