Active Topics

to those of you who use at&t to tether which plan do you use?

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Phoenix
I use the Media Max 200 bundle on top of 550 rollover minutes plan. It's ~$20/month addon. Unlimited data transfer.

Last edited by Wes Doobner; 2008-02-07 at 02:53.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wes Doobner For This Useful Post:
I also use the Media Max 200 bundle on top of a $40/month 450 minute voice plan for $20 extra. It tethers readily with my Powerbook as well as my n810. I use a V3xx razor phone that came with the plan for $100 and a two year contract. In the desert outside of Tucson, I'm getting 3G most of the time. I'm very pleased.

Although tethering is technically possible with the MediaMax plans & works fine, it is a clear and unambiguous violation of your contract with ATT. So I'd suggest that you may want to consider that before routinely tethering on a non-tether data plan.

The plans that include tethering are quite a bit more $$$.

Yes, I know that lots of people tether all the time on not tethering plans without getting caught.

Add me to the list of people who are immorally tethering on a MediaMax data plan. I read enough posts around here of people who were getting away with it, so I took the plunge this month.

Still waiting to see if get a $5000 bill. haha

I'm using the unlimited PDA GPRS option. It's a bit more at 40 a month..But I use my nokia quite a bit..and my company pays for it :-)