Active Topics

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Arctic Circle
Originally Posted by att View Post
Hmm, maybe you have a hardware issue? Either NFC chip or its antena is broken or the metal leaf switch at the hole (rear right, small hole below a screw, next to the battery) is not working properly.
I am starting to fear the same. I see no physical defects in the device in those areas. And the OH's eventually get recognized, and the relevant Ambiance packages installed, but still they cannot be used in the UI.
As I said, I've contacted JollaCare thru zendesk days ago, but haven't got any reply. I hope that this is not how support is going to work in the future, thinking that in very short time there will be tens of thousands of more new users with there new devices needing Care and Support

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Arctic Circle
Originally Posted by pipould View Post
Why... but why... QNeptunea would have been better....
I have used Qneptunea in N9 and just love it. The Tweetian is pretty much the same, but lacking some features.. The Jolla implementation hopefully has all those usable thru slick native UI, cause using Twitter with Jolla web browser is far from optimal.

The Following User Says Thank You to jjaone For This Useful Post:
oh agreed, but then again a mac is what I'm using (for now) , mainly because I stupidly allowed myself to get 100gb of photos trapped in iphoto.
If I could get them out without months of setting up events etc, I'd move on

I digress though!
Jolla #272

Originally Posted by cy8aer View Post
Ok, now I am beginning with paranoia questions. Let's begin with the browser:
does about:config work and is it possible to create/edit (new) entries?

I am thinking of setting all sequrity.ssl3.*rc4* settings to false, security.tls.version.max to 3 (tls 1.2), security.tls.version.min to 1 (disable sslv3) - look at an actual desktop firefox's about:config to know what I mean.

These parameters are working on firefox desktop and android (!) to be more crypto-stable. Because we have a 25/26 xul engine it should work on Jolla too if the parameters can be set (true?)

Does anyone tried to insert the root certs of https://cacert.org? (or are they actual in the cert store?) What is the workflow to do this? Can I see/edit my trustcenter certs stored in the cert stack of the device and the browser?
For the browser specific discussions (since there can be many issues), see http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=91890

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Originally Posted by jjaone View Post
I am starting to fear the same. I see no physical defects in the device in those areas. And the OH's eventually get recognized, and the relevant Ambiance packages installed, but still they cannot be used in the UI.
As I said, I've contacted JollaCare thru zendesk days ago, but haven't got any reply. I hope that this is not how support is going to work in the future, thinking that in very short time there will be tens of thousands of more new users with there new devices needing Care and Support
I had the same problem and it was fixed by doing a full reset of the device after backing up my data.

The Following User Says Thank You to maluka For This Useful Post:
since it sounds like the dalvik VM is executed as a single task (Android apps get frozen when you go back to the home screen), can you run multiple android apps at the same time (of course, only one would run and the rest would be frozen). point is - in the home screen, will you see cards for the multiple android apps? or only a single android app at a time?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Droll,

From what others have posted, only the most recent android app is shown on the multitask view. You have to be within an android app to use their recent apps soft button which shows all the recent android apps.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Originally Posted by droll View Post
since it sounds like the dalvik VM is executed as a single task (Android apps get frozen when you go back to the home screen), can you run multiple android apps at the same time (of course, only one would run and the rest would be frozen). point is - in the home screen, will you see cards for the multiple android apps? or only a single android app at a time?
Only the last used Android app is visible.

The Following User Says Thank You to maluka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
It's now over a week of use and I must say the honeymoon is coming to an abrupt end. Using Firefox (which often crashes) means battery life is poor. Last night the shuffle play on the music app refused to move away from selecting tracks from 4 out of over 200 albums, Deletion of email seems impossible. They do sometimes delete if marked as read first. There is not option to delete from server and mark all read is not possible. SO now My email is full and I can't spare the time to delete individual message.

One thing about the UI that I find irritating (and this is mainly because I am an N9 user, is the swiping from the side when the home screen appears. I do this instinctively to get to the feeds screen, but of course it is not there. All I get is at ambiences screen. How often do you change the ambience? For what is such an easy motion to make single handed (far easier than swiping up from the bottom of the screen) why assign such a dull option. I think the notification screen (when and if it ever become useful) would be better served with a side swipe. (excuse the pun).

It would be nice if there was an officially communicated way of reporting errors. Am I the only one confused at what the process is now?

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
It would be nice if there was an officially communicated way of reporting errors. Am I the only one confused at what the process is now?
Send a mail to care@jolla.com (mark as 'bug report' or something) and it'll get to the right people.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience