Active Topics

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
You don't need WLAN for accessing repos, you can of course use the same USB connection that you are ssh'ing in from

Just set your PC as the default gateway for Nemo, and set up your PC to act as the nexthop router.

For example, I have this in my /etc/network/interfaces, but of course you can do stuff manually too:
auto usb0
iface usb0 inet static
address 192.168.2.14
netmask 255.255.255.0
up iptables -A FORWARD -o eth0 -i usb0 -s 192.168.2.0/24 -m conntrack --ctstate NEW -j ACCEPT
up ptables -A FORWARD -m conntrack --ctstate ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
up iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE
up echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
down iptables -F FORWARD
down iptables -F -t nat
down echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
just tried setting this, unfortunately still doesnt work. There is a typo with one of the uptables missing a u, which caused ubuntu to not have any network connection. My interfaces looks identical to yours now, but it still doesnt seem to be able to use the network connection.

I just downloaded the repository onto the Alt_Os partition, under /home/nemo/unfreeze. Tried creating a new repository that references that location, and edited all the files I could find that reference the website. I still keep getting:
Download (curl) error for 'http://releases.nemomobile.org/rnd/repos/mer-latest-devel/builds/armv7hl/packages/repodata/repomd.xml':. Which part of the repo files reference this location? If I can find this, then I could just replace that location to be /home/nemo/unfreeze/repodata/repomd.xml . I've been through home:sledge in the root directory, but doesn';t seem anything there.

tried batch installing all the rpm's via rpm -ivh *.rpm, but cockblocked by dependencies qt5core, qt5network, etc

edit: hallelujah. got it working. will upload modified repo soon with instructions. no need for a wifi or routing through usb connection

Last edited by Storm_11; 2013-12-05 at 10:19.

The Following User Says Thank You to Storm_11 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Any fix for the rotated swipe directions?

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Storm_11 View Post
just tried setting this, unfortunately still doesnt work. There is a typo with one of the uptables missing a u, which caused ubuntu to not have any network connection. My interfaces looks identical to yours now, but it still doesnt seem to be able to use the network connection.
Sorry, indeed I was missing an "i" in "iptables", dont' know really where it had been missing. I's been a while since I used that so I had not really noticed it before

Can you ping to internet through the PC connection, using a numeric IP address? If so, then it's a DNS problem.

------ edit ------

Just noticed that you catually managed to fix it. What was the problem?

Last edited by juiceme; 2013-12-05 at 12:11. Reason: query

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Storm_11 View Post
edit: hallelujah. got it working. will upload modified repo soon with instructions. no need for a wifi or routing through usb connection
Does that mean that a step-by-step guid for noobs to install Sailfish for N9 is coming? Or it'll be only instructions for this modified repo?

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post

Just noticed that you catually managed to fix it. What was the problem?
created the repo by downloading all the files onto /media/Alt_Os/home/nemo/unfreeze . Modified the repo file to look at /home/nemo/unfreeze, then zypper ar -G /home/nemo/unfreeze.

All went well until the reboot stage, and now it won't boot at all. I get to the select language screen, it then briefly shows the nemo screen ,goes to "please wait", then hangs there. a reboot then gets me to the same point as traysh is at, with a blue screen, just showing a notification. I get a feeling that the razr n950 instructions are to blame somewhere, as I've been able to get further previously only getting 1/2 way through; when I looked at this problem first time round. Will need to look at it another time

Last edited by Storm_11; 2013-12-05 at 13:05.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Estonia
From Harmattan you can chroot into Nemo. You don't need to worry about network connection and Nemo's root password...
Steps for chrooting into Nemo are covered in piratepad.

Frozen homescreen issue fixed as of today.

nemo users zypper dup away and reboot.

New image is available as torrent, direct link coming soon
https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Nem...#Wayland.2FQt5

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to sledgeas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by sledgeas View Post
Frozen homescreen issue fixed as of today.

nemo users zypper dup away and reboot.

New image is available as torrent, direct link coming soon
https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Nem...#Wayland.2FQt5
Hmm is that image created using kickstart from:

https://github.com/faenil/NemoWaylan...l-n950-rnd.ks?

Because I created from that ks right now but still got that freeze problem?

(first tried zypper up btw...)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
can someone, any one please compile the files like the sdk version. am having problems with my wifi. and my nemo installation is too buggy to do anything with.
please...

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by sheldon_cz View Post
That means that I would suggest going to Jolla to ask for an expressly stated, written permission that we are free to port SailfishOS to the N9, otherwise we might be violating their copyright.
Good point. Now, in the digital age we live on, what does constitute 'written permission' ?
Would a tweet from JollaHQ that says "yes, feel free to try it" be ok, or does it need to be on paper, written with a fountain pen?

The Following User Says Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, nokia, sailfish