Active Topics

Originally Posted by att View Post
Go to Gallery app. Select Ambience. Select an ambience and tap star to fill it and then tap save (or go forward by pulling to the left).
Lol. Easy when you know how:-) Thanks
Jolla #272

Ok, now I am beginning with paranoia questions. Let's begin with the browser:
does about:config work and is it possible to create/edit (new) entries?

I am thinking of setting all sequrity.ssl3.*rc4* settings to false, security.tls.version.max to 3 (tls 1.2), security.tls.version.min to 1 (disable sslv3) - look at an actual desktop firefox's about:config to know what I mean.

These parameters are working on firefox desktop and android (!) to be more crypto-stable. Because we have a 25/26 xul engine it should work on Jolla too if the parameters can be set (true?)

Does anyone tried to insert the root certs of https://cacert.org? (or are they actual in the cert store?) What is the workflow to do this? Can I see/edit my trustcenter certs stored in the cert stack of the device and the browser?

@Jolla-guys: When working on caldav/carddav/webdav: Please think about a working https-implementation and TLS/SNI working! There is a new free Carddav/Caldav implementation (DAVdroid) on Android and it took months to let the programmer think about SNI and he had problems to implement it because the os api had no way to do it. Why not just implement it at the beginning...

Last edited by cy8aer; 2013-12-05 at 10:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by richardyates View Post
Plugged my jolla into my mac. It must be detected because dropbox pops up and offers to upload my photos.

But the phone and the micro SD don't appear in finder. That's a lot of a problem as my music is all in itunes on the mac

Is there any way to see the SD card in the phone - not seen a file manager in the Jolla store, so assume I need an android one

Suggestions for accessing the SD card from the mac would be welcome - I want to get some use from the music app:-)
This Remote Multidrive is my preferred quick way to access any map from any PC for simple file transfer.

I use it on Symbian though but notice it exists for Android http://cn.appszoom.com/android_appli...ive_gajjy.html

It says only the SD Card is writable.

As a loyal customer I will write demand the developer to port the application , why not?

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Arctic Circle
Originally Posted by kollin View Post
Zendesk works, i encourage you guys, post all of your problems there!
Here is my conversation with zendesk:

Code:
##- Please type your reply above this line -##

[Jolla Service and Support] Re: Caldav/cardav sync?

Your request (#1259) has been solved. To reopen this request, reply to this email or click the link below:
https://jolla.zendesk.com/requests/1259

----------------------------------------------

Jolla, Nov 29 13:14 (EET)

Hi,

thank you for your message. 
At the moment we do not support this, but we're working on it so that we can support it in the future. 

When you add your google account your google calendar should automatically be updated.

Have a great day! 

Sincerely,
Jolla Customer Care

Yst=C3=A4v=C3=A4llisin terveisin,
Jolla Asiakastuki

Join the Movement @ jolla.com
Like @ facebook.com/jollaofficial
Follow @ JollaHQ

----------------------------------------------

kollin, Nov 25 19:28 (EET)

Hello,
Would you tell me please: Is it going to be possible to sync my Jolla device with google calendar and contacts via caldav and cardav?
Thank you!
Best regards:
Kamen Dokov

--------------------------------
This email is a service from Jolla Service and Support.
Hi, and good for you that you have got response to your requests. I have used jolla.zendesk.com to make three requests and have had no reply from them. Now, it's already 5 days since I made the first on and still they have not even assigned them.

Another comment relates to setting up Google account, and I must say that even if you configure it corretly and you get emails and contacts synced, no calendars appear to Calendar app. And there is no way to setup external Calendars (cause there is no CalDav support).

Maybe there has been a lots of requets lately, and they do not have enough resources to reply to all. Still I hope that customer service would respond more prompty - five days wait to be acknowledged is a long time IMHO.

Cheers, and have a great day

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I already linked to that post in my last post, but I focused on the comments.
One can just scroll up from the comments to see what you've posted...

Yeah that's well known, but in one of his recent interviews Stefano(?) intimated that they didn't even "try" to have discussions with them.
They just ruled-it-out automatically, that seems wildly irresponsible to me...
No, I think it is very responsible of them to not let Google tie their hands. Besides, IMHO the whole point of Jolla is to promote SailfishOS and thus the Android compatibility is just a workaround for the initial phase to have some apps in the "store" .. Somethng that ppl might be wanting, but for which native QT/QML implementation does not yet exist.

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by cy8aer View Post
It is there but it is not usable due UI problems. For example you cannot scroll the view and tapping on the entries is very difficult.

The Following User Says Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I think this other half is like Gizmondo. It's just a shell hop jolla scrap this in next device.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by cy8aer View Post
I think it might be easier to shutdown the browser. Start Terminal app and then edit file /home/nemo/.mozilla/mozembed/prefs.js with text editor. At least there is vi editor, and on package repositories there seems to be nano (pkcon install nano). I haven't tested this so it is all theory.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Vipi213 View Post
Hey. Anyone who has enabled developer mode and use terminal. Please tell me is your terminal app backround black. I think that i changed it somehow with that example ssh. btw after factory reset its still black. and when i peek home screenit is my ambiance colour just Wondering :confused
It is black.

Originally Posted by att View Post
I think it might be easier to shutdown the browser. Start Terminal app and then edit file /home/nemo/.mozilla/mozembed/prefs.js with text editor. At least there is vi editor, and on package repositories there seems to be nano (pkcon install nano). I haven't tested this so it is all theory.
Yup, seems to be the best way for it. Same with self built search engines. Put the xml to ....mozembed/searchengines and be lucky Let's see...

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience