Active Topics

Originally Posted by Sorrow View Post
So is there somebody with jolla phone willing to dump the whole phone /dev/mtd* and upload it?
Seriously, im an n9 user, but i cannot u derstand all the hi tech code and stuff people are talking about here...all i know is id love to be able to use sailfish on my n9...structurally, i think the n 9 polycarbonate monoblock is bettere than toh concept...and i love the n9 size much better, much better in the palm and hand....

I wonder if there is a market like me, who like n9 body but want sailfish...if there is, id think theyd be willing to pay for an easy to install sailfish solution...i know i am willing to pay

The Following User Says Thank You to vartanarsen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by vartanarsen View Post
Seriously, im an n9 user, but i cannot u derstand all the hi tech code and stuff people are talking about here...all i know is id love to be able to use sailfish on my n9...structurally, i think the n 9 polycarbonate monoblock is bettere than toh concept...and i love the n9 size much better, much better in the palm and hand....

I wonder if there is a market like me, who like n9 body but want sailfish...if there is, id think theyd be willing to pay for an easy to install sailfish solution...i know i am willing to pay
Just wait for a bit and thank (hopefully a bit of donation if possible) to the developer who are trying their best for porting.

P.S: I personally have the similar taste as you - I prefer N950 for the HW keyboard and will stick to it until the HW other half comes out. Just be patient.

who trying to port? Nobody. I requested some packages from jolla phone(is only way to get it - from phone), but nobody can share that packages. Everybody is too busy...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SourenAraya For This Useful Post:
I wish I could have one in hand and do this immediately now. Anyway I'm on the first wave €100 pre-order and it should be posted soon. As soon as I get the device (as many others) if their is still no one to share then I will do it. (Hope it does not happen)

Well as a n900 user i do not want to use a new os on my phone. O want to have a new n900 with better specs and the same or better os. I dont rly get the point why you would want to port sailfish to n9xxx. If you want to have a phone with sailfish buy a jolla. As for me i cannotbuy a succesor to n900 as there is none. Maybe n950 but that is another story.

The Following User Says Thank You to shubell For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shubell View Post
Well as a n900 user i do not want to use a new os on my phone. O want to have a new n900 with better specs and the same or better os. I dont rly get the point why you would want to port sailfish to n9xxx. If you want to have a phone with sailfish buy a jolla. As for me i cannotbuy a succesor to n900 as there is none. Maybe n950 but that is another story.
There is a nice thing which completely fits your needs is called Neo900. You might want to check that out.

For the reason for porting to N9/50, as stated above, there are still some prefer Nokia's HW design and size rather than Jolla's hardware. That's not saying I'm not buying Jolla, I just still prefer the design in N9 and N950.

Posts: 418 | Thanked: 506 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
Thats not the reason i want the Port.
I want the Port because I live in the other side of the world and Jolla will arrive to my country in almost 2.centuries.
I have no chance to buy a Jolla here

The Following User Says Thank You to flotron For This Useful Post:
Posts: 193 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
ummm:

http://youtu.be/6IOX_xAgTM8

Barnabas Collins

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kollin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 83 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on May 2013 @ Slovenia
Originally Posted by shubell View Post
I'm using N9 and for me the hardware design of the N9 is perfect, I just want normal operating OS, well meego is good and it's design it's even nicer than sailfish's (but this can be solved easily with some decent themes), the biggest problem of Meego is stability.
I want a stable OS, like symbian was on my E72 and decent stock apps (facebook, twitter, skype, mail, calendar...) nothing else.

That's my reason why do I look forward to Sailfish on N9, and I hope this will happen asap.

Last edited by anzx; 2013-11-30 at 21:04.

Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
I consider N9 to be very stable with Meego. Also, in my opinion Jolla Sailfish needs some improvements from Jolla team and ALOT of tweaking to be better on N9 than native Meego currently is.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silwer For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, nokia, sailfish