Active Topics

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Well spec page doesn't mention GPIO pin either, so most likely they have just simplified the page to match terms that general public understands. And have left the niche features out of the page so people don't get flooded with terms that they don't understand.

I'll bet that in few feeks someone will dismantle the beast and you'll get all the exact hw details that you want. :-)
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Last edited by rainisto; 2013-11-18 at 07:45.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
well, spec is spec it shall show what it is. Why not add some easier like notification light. Either way its your spec do do as you please. Im just happy its there. Thank you.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Hey, since we're talking specs that are not mentioned, can someone please confirm if Jolla phone has FM radio receiver? Sorry if it has been mentioned before but the search tool ignores "fm" keyword in the search query..

PS. New here, hi to all!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 243kof For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by 243kof View Post
Hey, since we're talking specs that are not mentioned, can someone please confirm if Jolla phone has FM radio receiver?
FM receiver, yes. No word on a transmitter though.

I'm more interested in FM receiver, thanks!

I'm patiently waiting for a mail from Jolla regarding my preorder...

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Where have they said anything about FM-receiver? The situation might be that like on N9 we have the hardware, but no software (Many Snapdragon chips come with FM-receiver support).

[edit] And if my memory serves me correctly, even on N9, the radio receiver chip luckily was wired to the 3.5mm plug so that it could use the headphone wire as antenna. FM-receiver without antenna is useless.

Last edited by DeeGee; 2013-11-18 at 09:27.

The Following User Says Thank You to DeeGee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
jolla.com has official specs, so you can check details there. If something is not listed there then it either doesn't exist or details have not been released yet.

But surely someone will most likely dismantle the device in a few weeks for deeper hw analyzis.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Posts: 160 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Spain
I was wondering, chaps, what if we compare our order ids and try to figure out the actual queue. Just to build up the expectation, I guess.
Here is mine: c19b221162c7, ordered 100 eur option on 20th May around 16:00 Madrid time. Any suggestions?

Boy, what can I say? EPIC......No, LEGENDARY......

Last edited by xanderx; 2013-11-18 at 09:32.

The Following User Says Thank You to xanderx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by xanderx View Post
I was wondering, chaps, what if we compare our order ids and try to figure out the actual queue. Just to build up the expectation, I guess.
I think it just a 48-bit hash of the actual order number. Mine is totally different from yours.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Now here's a funny thing for you all.

I have no idea where you get those order ID things, since I never got a mail with that kind of information.

I did order fairly early, around 12:02 Helsinki time. I got my account, paid and received a confirmation of the dough I spilled on the device but never got any other mail after that until the invitation last week.

So I cannot tellyou what's my Order ID, sorry.

Tags
"pretty soon", funniest line, jolla, pipo party, sailfish, tmo red