gerbick, do you have any of your zen-like calm leftover to lend to me? cause my heart is going to explode if i dont get my hands on a jolla soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cvp View Post
me, too. pre order startet on 20.05 - 100€ paypal (Germany)

its su@#s a little bit.
I got an invitation, also from germany, preordered 100€ at 20.05.

I just can't go on that day

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by wolke View Post
gerbick, do you have any of your zen-like calm leftover to lend to me? cause my heart is going to explode if i dont get my hands on a jolla soon.
Dude, I wish I had it myself. I'm just sitting here, learning how to be patient, knocking out a personal project in AngularJS just to avoid letting myself getting anxious over getting a Jolla phone and finding folks in Finland or soon to be in Finland to shorten my wait.

Meanwhile, I'm just going to go back to lurking before I trigger yet another splinter of discussions in this thread.

It'll soon be in my hands...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Hmm, flights from London to Helsinki only £126, never been to Finland.

Maybe I should go...

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
@w00t
Any plans about public bug tracking? I think it was great idea with Maemo.

Offtopic: Jolla needs more people like you and @stskeeps that interact with us! That "live" amongst us, that make us feel like a part of something we like. We(I) really need people that listen to us and explain. We(I) can accept a lot of things when I know the reason, but the silence just makes us(me) feel ousted.
There are atleast four people here who answers questions also there is IRC.

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
I don't even see the 27.11 event hurting anyone. A bunch 100€ preorderers will have a party and get a Jolla phone in advance. It's optional -they will get their device anyway attended they or not- and the traveling is on their own expense. Of course some hardcore fans will be pissed.

If the shipping of the device begins in early december, I think all the 100€ & 0€ preorders from Europe will arrive before christmas if ordered right away as the device is made available.
40€ and 0€ preorders outside of Europe will probably have to wait an unspecified amount of time though.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Thoke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 15 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Finland
Geez! Look at all the hate towards the "crappy" specs on the other forums. and oh yeah, yandex being the app store for android apps instead of google play got people even more sceptical. Not that the Jolla is primarily planned to use Sailfish apps instead of android ones.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Personally I think it's poor form, if we're only talking about 450 units surely they could've afforded to send them equally to all corners of the earth*, seems like bias against non-Finns & those who didn't lay down $100EUD. It should've been a mixture of people from around the world who were in the 1st pre-order campaign, some who donated $100/40, & some who didn't. It's not a huge deal, but I do think it's pretty insensitive, especially for a tiny start-up that regularly likes to chant about being in touch with emotions & caring. Anyway, hopefully later I'll have time raise more important concern/criticisms relating some of w00ts points, bed time.

*it's not like they'd be completely subsidising shipping costs, or giving the items away for free
Bussiness does not work that way.

DNA has contracted Jolla phones ofcourse they be the first. Its simple bussines and good. Because hopefully those dogslow operators in the rest of europe wakeups if 27th launch gets alot attention in media.

I mean send one device "here and there" to some fanboys would not help them anyway.

Because regular fanboys is often to much just "fanboys" and in the end only a few people listen to them.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
The spec. is 3 years Old so the spec is crappy but WHO cares. If you lik IT LIKE IT. You are not the Phone. Dont take IT personal.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by Tujutzki View Post
From Ilta-Sanomat: The first batch of phones is on it´s way to Finland at the moment.
http://www.iltasanomat.fi/digi/art-1288620845965.html

http://www.gsmarena.com/jolla_will_s...-news-7185.php
Processor seems to be Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 Dual-core 1.4 GHz

And invitations (apparently more than 450) to the launch have been already sent, at least some of them. Of all those who have registered to the event, the 450 who ordered first will get in. The queue to buy the phone opens at 17 o´clock and the doors/queue (the queue is apparently inside) open to the public at 18 o´clock. The first phone will be sold at 19 o´clock.
Gsamarena is def not trustworthy.

Tags
"pretty soon", funniest line, jolla, pipo party, sailfish, tmo red