Active Topics

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Found this on Locusf twitter :
http://locusf.blogspot.com.br/2013/11/installing-sdk-version-of-sailfish-on-n9.html
Installing SDK version of Sailfish UI on N9
CAUTION: Might break your stuff, back up your nemo installation
beforehand if you want to be cautious. You have been warned!

Please note, an official guide is coming up from Jolla, which demonstrates this entire process into making an image. This guide will be updated with instructions regarding that.
Very interesting to know that Jolla will give an official guide to install Sailfish OS over Nemo Mobile on Nokia N9.

PS: I've not yet tried this installation.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Last edited by rcolistete; 2013-11-04 at 03:20.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by daniel698 View Post
The only backlog of n9 is limited amount of apps.If its possible why dont u guys try to get that Myriad Alien Dalvik on n9.This is the reason right that sailfish os can run android apps.
Well, for starters many people don't want android apps.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
sailfish os cant run android apps. its android layer will be available for sailfish os.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
The only backlog of n9 is limited amount of apps.If its possible why dont u guys try to get that Myriad Alien Dalvik on n9.This is the reason right that sailfish os can run android apps.
That's a closed/proprietary layer created by Jolla in collaboration with Myriad, unless you condone stealing IP or piracy, I don't think it's a good idea.
If you want an ACL*, then you should buy a Sailfish device, that's the whole point...
There are some F/OSS attempts to create an ACL, but last I checked they'd more-or-less stalled, perhaps you could look into that.

*Android (app) Compatibility Layer

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-11-04 at 08:53.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
We are getting close....:dName:  1005842_10202403628402437_585514131_n.jpg
Views: 2571
Size:  16.4 KB

The Following User Says Thank You to daniel698 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
I don't care a thing about Android apps. What we need is a stable GFX/Wayland at first place. Second get GPS and NFC, Camera working and so on.

Now that is what the few people involved in MeR/Sail/Nemo has to work on as first priority.

But there is way to few people involved to get above fixed in first place so getting Dalvik working is definitivly not on the list IMHO.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-11-04 at 18:45.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Hopefully someday we can successfully port complete OS to N9

-via Maemo Talk app

Last edited by praveenchand; 2013-11-05 at 08:35.

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Tehran - Iran
Originally Posted by SourenAraya View Post
araya.su/sailfish/sailfish_n9_[sdk].tar.bz2
Originally Posted by SourenAraya View Post
http://araya.su/sailfish/sailfish_n9_0.0.2.tar.bz2
What is working:
1) What is the difference between two version?

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
It feels really pretty much like the real thing, thanks
I'm amazed you actually have the haptics there, as I have not upated that to my Nemo yet...

BTW, now I have ubiboot w/pentaboot: Harmattan, Nitdroid, Nemo, FirefoxOS and SailfishOS on my device...
Special thanks to you for your very fantastic and applicable bootloader
2) Where can I download blow files?
preinit_firefox
zImage_adb_usb
zImage-2.6.32.54-juice_backport (What are its properties?)
Image-2.6.32.54-fbconsole (What are its properties?)
vmlinuz-3.5.3-juice (What are its properties?)

3) I downloaded FFOS image from roxana... where must I extract it (which is used command in MeeGo Terminal)?

4) These commans are like linux PC terminal commands in Ubiboot wiki:
#TODO: mount usb cd / dir="./home/user/MyDocs/boot" url='http://www.swagman.org/juice/ubiboot/ubiboot-02/ubiboot-02_0.3.5_301013.tar' mkdir -p "$dir.tmp" wget -O- "$url" | tar xfv - -C "$dir.tmp" && mv -f "$dir" "$dir.bak" && mv "$dir.tmp" "$dir" url="http://www.swagman.org/juice/ubiboot/ubiboot-02/zImage_2.6.32.54-ubiboot-02_040613" wget $url unp *.tar file=zImage_2.6.32.54-ubiboot-02_301013 firmware=DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_RM680-OEM1-916_ARM.bin sudo flasher -a "$firmware" -k "$file" --flash-only=kernel -f -R cd /media/rzr/Alt_OS url="http://araya.su/sailfish/sailfish_n9_0.0.2.tar.bz2" wget -O- "$url" | tar xfvj - -C .
Is there a simple description like the description in Ubiboot wiki, specially applicable for Win users?

5) Does Sailfish (os6) needs to G_OS3_INIT_CMDLINE_APPENDS="vram=6m omapfb.vram=0:6M" ?

6) What is the result of blow way and its difference with extracting http://araya.su/sailfish/sailfish_n9_0.0.2.tar.bz2?
Here you go->

• First you need a working copy of Nemo Mobile running on N9, you can grab one from this link.
  • Check Nemo installation guide Here.
  • You also need a working copy of Sailfish SDK running.
  • After having a Mer SDK virtual machine instance running, do this to gain ssh access to the virtual machine:
ssh -i ~/SailfishOS/vmshare/ssh/private_keys/engine/mersdk mersdk@localhost -p 2222
In this ssh shell, run:

sb2 -t SailfishOS-armv7hl -m sdk-install -R zypper mr -k -all

Then:

sb2 -t SailfishOS-armv7hl -m sdk-install -R zypper in lipstick-jolla-home-qt5

This generates rpm packages to /parentroot/srv/mer/targets/SailfishOS-armv7hl/var/cache/zypp/packages/jolla/ subdirectories, copy them all over to a separate directory on the host machine as one flat directory, like this:

mkdir ~/sailfishrpms
cd /parentroot/srv/mer/targets/SailfishOS-armv7hl/var/cache/zypp/packages/jolla/
cp ./*/*/*.rpm ~/sailfishrpms/

Copy these over to Nemo Mobile running in N9, using eg. scp. Usually one wants to copy over entire directory like the above sailfishrpms.

Then in the device, over ssh, execute:

cd sailfishrpms
zypper install –force *

This will install all of the generated rpms to the device, although with warnings, afterwards reboot to gain access of the Sailfish, SDK version, homescreen.
-
CAUTION: Might break your stuff, back up your nemo installation beforehand if you want to be cautious. You have been warned!
7) Where can I find detail description and learning of above way, specially working with SDKs?

8) I read the "Wayland on N950 / N9" Topic and linkes page of github, but I couldn't find how to add Wayland to Nemo, may I want you to describe it easy in detailed?

9) This link is the last version of Nemo with Wayland?

with regards
best wishes

Last edited by hrbani; 2013-11-06 at 20:59.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by hrbani View Post
2) Where can I download blow files?
preinit_firefox
http://www.swagman.org/juice/ubiboot/other/preinits.tar

zImage_adb_usb
Search from Nitdroid pages

zImage-2.6.32.54-juice_backport (What are its properties?)
Image-2.6.32.54-fbconsole (What are its properties?)
vmlinuz-3.5.3-juice (What are its properties?)
Nowhere, those are my test images

3) I downloaded FFOS image from roxana... where must I extract it (which is used command in MeeGo Terminal)?
Wherever you want to, for example /home/firefox_os/ is okay.
Just remember to set the chroot directory in /sbin/preinit_firefox to where you extracted the files...

4) These commans are like linux PC terminal commands in Ubiboot wiki:Is there a simple description like the description in Ubiboot wiki, specially applicable for Win users?
I'll update the wiki one of these days. (already fixed some things yesterday in it...)

5) Does Sailfish (os6) needs to G_OS3_INIT_CMDLINE_APPENDS="vram=6m omapfb.vram=0:6M" ?
Yes.
(actually it is G_OS6_INIT_CMDLINE_APPENDS="vram=6m omapfb.vram=0:6M")

8) I read the "Wayland on N950 / N9" Topic and linkes page of github, but I couldn't find how to add Wayland to Nemo, may I want you to describe it easy in detailed?
If you download one of the latest Nemo images there's wayland integration already. (but lots of things are still WIP and missing...)

9) This link is the last version of Nemo with Wayland?
Yes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 64 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Tehran - Iran
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
1)
2)
3)
With especisal thanks

Does anybody have ideas about 6 and 7?

6) What is the result of blow way and its difference with extracting http://araya.su/sailfish/sailfish_n9_0.0.2.tar.bz2?
7)
Where can I find detail description and learning of above way, specially working with SDKs?
Sincerly

Last edited by hrbani; 2013-11-07 at 11:26.

Tags
jolla, nokia, sailfish