Active Topics

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Lumia 925 is a nice one too. Will make you different in USA and elsewhere.
I'd imagine so.
You will propably never run accidentally into someone else having it

Last edited by juiceme; 2013-10-18 at 05:14. Reason: typoes

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 279 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade, Serbia
Thanks a lot... I thought a little bit about Blackberry Q10 and since it has the same hardware as the Z10, i thought that maybe I don't really need a big screen. Plus a physical keyboard would be great since I'm going from the N900. But again the camera might be an issue. Anyone has or has used the Q10 and what do you think...?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Here's the pics. I had some of my time in Jamaica, but a lot of those had family members and/or my wife in a bikini. Can't be sharing those

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gerbick/10350944596/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gerbick/10351126693/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gerbick/10350940675/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gerbick/10350941835/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gerbick/10350942445/

Nothing really spectacular - the photos - but I'd say that the camera isn't bad at all, imho. It takes great pictures of people, but as stated earlier in the thread, the more natural and average the light, the better the picture. Low light pics are way too noisy on the Z10.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 279 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade, Serbia
Wow thanks a lot. Those pictures really do look good and they are really sharp. Those reviews on youtube all show some blurry and low quality photos taken with Z10, but yours look great. Is it too much of a bother for you to take some more in low light...? Thanks

My z10 takes great pics when the light is good, much better than n9 or n900 low light is not so good but u should really be too drunk by then to worry ;-)

The Following User Says Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Curitiba-PR . Brasil
by hardware...5s
by software.....Z30

but ... Blackberry R.I.P

Iphone 5s win !!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Rogatti For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Q10 is very nice but the screen is a bit small and BB10 has too big controls (it seems that the square screen was more of an afterthought and they tried to squeeze the Z10 interface into it. The N9 for example has smaller controls)

I haven't used iOS 7 with it's allegedly better multitasking (though screenshots of the last state of the app is considered "better" multitasking nowadays) but the Z10 is a much better choice than iOS6 if you think multitasking is a must.

The Z10 has a very nice screen and the resolution really stands out. I'm not sure a bigger screen with the same resolution (actually a bit smaller) would provide any benefit, especially with the price drop of Z10. The OMAP Z10 has one of the fastest browsers out there, apart from the iPhone.

Some little things that matter to me that BB10 has over iphone:
1. Ability to show the keyboard anywhere
2. Cursor control (you can nudge the cursor char by char)
3. Accessible file system.
4. Awesome connectivity (smb support to move files to and from the phone, full BT, mass storage, SD card)

Also, if you can wait a bit I would suggest evaluating the jolla too.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
I haven't used iOS 7 with it's allegedly better multitasking (though screenshots of the last state of the app is considered "better" multitasking nowadays) but the Z10 is a much better choice than iOS6 if you think multitasking is a must.
It's not better multi-tasking. It's on par with Android 4.3 and higher. I actually like it, but I'm not exactly going to sell it to folks since it's not as full-featured (read: true) multi-tasking as the N9 or to a slightly lesser extent BB10. But it's better than iOS6.

Just an opinion.

I thought your wife prefers Lumia

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
I thought your wife prefers Lumia
I took pics of her with my phone. Duh. No flash on the 520 sucks at times and the 900 wasn't really a good camera to be honest.