Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
First download the correct firmware (.bin) files from here http://skeiron.org/firmware/N9/40.2012.21.3/
Untar the files, and rename the .bin files inside to main.bin and emmc.bin, then you can use the command like stated.
place the main.bin and emmc.bin in the same folder as the flasher program

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
i think you should have main.bin and emmc.bin files in C:\Program Files\Nokia\Flasher

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Does not hurt to mention this to a noob such as myself.

Ok thanks guys, will check to see that the files are in that folder.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Lebanon
hi , try to change the cmd directory to the main.bin and emmc directory ( by cd c:\ the path to the files) then run : set PATH="C:\Program Files\Nokia\Flasher
and it should work

Downloaded the zip, renamed the eccm file to eccm and the other large bin to main in correct folder and it worked. Now sent in for repairs. Thanks masterhackers =)

i want to remove the android in n9.please help me.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by botski View Post
i want to remove the android in n9.please help me.
What's your boot method, sillyboot or ubiboot?

If you are using sillyboot, just restore your /sbin/preinit and after that you can delete your /home/nitdroid directory. (and you can of course flash a regular kernel if you want to)

If you are using ubiboot, you need to flash a regular kernel, and after that you can delete your /home/nitdroid directory.

Both methods, of course leave you into open mode. If you want to go back to normal (closed) mode, you need to reflash your emmc.

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
If you want to go back to normal (closed) mode, you need to reflash your emmc.
@juiceme
According to Jonni a flash of firmware/rootfs should be sufficient (maybe together with --erase-user-data?)?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
What's your boot method, sillyboot or ubiboot?

If you are using sillyboot, just restore your /sbin/preinit and after that you can delete your /home/nitdroid directory. (and you can of course flash a regular kernel if you want to)

If you are using ubiboot, you need to flash a regular kernel, and after that you can delete your /home/nitdroid directory.

Both methods, of course leave you into open mode. If you want to go back to normal (closed) mode, you need to reflash your emmc.
mate, thanks for the quick reply. im sorry i got this n9 with dualboot. im noob.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
@juiceme
According to Jonni a flash of firmware/rootfs should be sufficient (maybe together with --erase-user-data?)?
Yes, you are correct, I replied too quickly without thinking