Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Any way to separate ModRana into different packages? So that a user could install only GTK-ui, , or only Qt-ui; choose whether he wants to have local vector-to-raster tile renderer, or 'simply' download tiles from external tile server; whether he wants to search a location in Google, Yahoo, or local vector data.
I don't think of this as a priority at the moment, but it would be possible to do. I think something like would do:
  • modrana core (all non-graphical stuff)
  • modrana default theme (all the icons are what are what makes the modRana package big)
  • GTK GUI
  • QML GUI
This would enable for example to only install the core, without all the graphical elements if one wanted to only use the modRana CLI (well, there is not much at the moment, but still) - like Saera does, for example (even though some commands launch the GUI, so it's not that clear-cut). Installing one of the GUIs would pull in the core and theme.

Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
By the way, are there any plans to integrate osso-addressbook with ModRana? It's possible to change map-helper in gconf (/apps/osso-addressbook/map-helper?), but you need to have a script (/usr/lib/osso-addressbook/map-helpers/modrana?) which would read address from $VCARD_ADR_ and translate it into a location on the map.
Best wishes. Thank you.
modRana: a flexible GPS navigation system
Mieru: a flexible manga and comic book reader
Universal Components - a solution for native looking yet component set independent QML appliactions (QtQuick Controls 2 & Silica supported as backends)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
modRana 0.42.1 has been released !

The main highlights of this release are support for batch tile redownload and update (thanks to int_ua for the idea!).

Batch redownload and update

This features can be enabled from the Edit submenu, accessible from the batch download screen.
The redownload button has three states:
OFF (default) - download only tiles that are not locally available
ON - download all tiles, even if they are locally available
update - download only tiles, that are not locally available

Using update you can easily update only the tiles you have stored for a given area. I guess this should be quite handy.

NOTE: Looks like the autobuilder is broken at the moment, so either wait for the update or just grab current version tarball for the time being (it will use your profile as usual):
http://www.modrana.org/tarballs/modr..._0.42.1.tar.gz

Changelog:
Code:
* Sat Jul 13 2013 Martin Kolman - 0.42.1
- add batch tile redownload & update
 - accessible from the "Edit" submenu in batch dl menu
 - redownload ON -> download all tiles, even when locally available
 - redownload OFF (default) -> download only tiles that are not locally available
 - redownload update -> download only tiles that ARE locally available
- add 32bit (i386) Monav routing server binary by jperon - Thanks !
 - this should make offline routing on 32bit x86 machines possible
- preliminary support for high DPI screens in QML GUI
- fix online routing not respecting directions language
- fix tracebacks with some routes from Monav offline routing

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
This redownload feature reminds me of a bug I saw lately: For some reason modRana failed to download a few tiles while on the road, driving somewhere. On the way back, when we passed the same place again, the failed tiles were still missing, not redownloaded.

I would expect that if a failed tile comes back into view it would try to download it again?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to petur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
One bug-vulnerability in Python-for-Maemo. When Python application decides that it wishes to use GPS, and Maemo knows that GPS was disabled by user, Python first asks user, with a system dialog, whether user wishes to "Enable positioning?", and then, irrespective of user's decision, force-enables GPS (blinking icon in status-bar; "Searching..." entry in status-menu), even though, according to user preferences, GPS is still disabled.
The only way to disable GPS is to either politely ask the benevolent application to not use GPS (because it apparently somehow disregards user preferences) or kill the malevolent (without an option to turn off GPS) application because it's apparently a loophole in Python-Maemo-GPS interaction (not stealthy, but still...)
Does anybody else have the same bug (Nokia N900, Fremantle, CSSU-Testing)?
Best wishes.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
I get an error trying to search for anything in modrana:

('geocoding exception:\n', GBadKeyError('The api_key is either invalid or does not match the domain for which it was given.','))

Is there any hotfix I can apply locally to fix this? I was sent to Oslo for a week, and it'd help if I knew how to get to places

Similar thing happens when downloading tiles: the error message is then "the downloaded tile is not an image as per its magic number (it is probably an error response webpage returned by the server)"

Thanks!

Last edited by tadzik; 2013-07-20 at 11:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to tadzik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tadzik View Post
I get an error trying to search for anything in modrana:

('geocoding exception:\n', GBadKeyError('The api_key is either invalid or does not match the domain for which it was given.','))

Is there any hotfix I can apply locally to fix this? I was sent to Oslo for a week, and it'd help if I knew how to get to places

Similar thing happens when downloading tiles: the error message is then "the downloaded tile is not an image as per its magic number (it is probably an error response webpage returned by the server)"

Thanks!
If you mean address search, I've actually fixed this about two days ago, but haven't yet got to actually making a new package. But the code is already on Github, so you can just grab the latest source archive in you favorite format, such as:
https://github.com/M4rtinK/modrana/archive/master.zip
or
https://github.com/M4rtinK/modrana/a.../master.tar.gz
Unpack it somewhere and run modrana.py like this:
Code:
python modrana.py
ModRana should launch normally and use your profile.
Let me know if you hit any issues.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
I get an error message while running the newest one:

threads.py:157: Warning: 'with' will become a reserved keyword in Python 2.6

ending up in SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Looks like the effect of 35cf774c435239e61deece5b8f2343e572ca0654, but when I remove the offending methods manually I end up with:

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'current_thread'
from core/threads.py line 59

Maybe I should just cherry-pick https://github.com/M4rtinK/modrana/c...249529d1f8b251 and apply it on a latest release? Will try that and give you a heads-up

Last edited by tadzik; 2013-07-20 at 11:25.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tadzik For This Useful Post:
I get an error message while running the newest one:

threads.py:157: Warning: 'with' will become a reserved keyword in Python 2.6

ending up in SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Looks like the effect of 35cf774c435239e61deece5b8f2343e572ca0654, but when I remove the offending methods manually I end up with:

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'current_thread'
from core/threads.py line 59
Whoops looks like I forgot to check this under Python 2.5 before committing. Should be an easy fix.

EDIT:Fixed in master.
EDIT 1.: OK, not yet fixed, working on it.
EDIT 2.: Just tested it and master branch now again works on the N900, including address search.

Maybe I should just cherry-pick https://github.com/M4rtinK/modrana/c...249529d1f8b251 and apply it on a latest release? Will try that and give you a heads-up
Not sure if this is the only commit needed, there might be a few more involved. I admit modRana Git history is rather granular a a bit chaotic in places.

Last edited by MartinK; 2013-07-20 at 13:04.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Yeah, it's running smoothly now. Thanks!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tadzik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 676 | Thanked: 1,067 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kyiv, Ukraine
Okay, now I'm sure it was Modrana. Sometimes I get a deadlock after leaving Modrana open for something like 20 minutes (autolock time being 5 minutes). It happens one in 10 cases maybe, the phone stays dark no matter what, reacts only with LED and only to charging. Anyone else experiencing this? It started before the last update. Sorry, no time to search the thread at the moment, leaving town.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to int_ua For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, martin_rocks, modrana, navigation, openstreetmap, the best, wehasgps