Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Germany
Hello,
I bought the Ubertooth One and trying to install the Software that is needed (http://www.hackfromacave.com/article..._pwnphone.html). But i'm not able to use the command make or make install. Why? Pwn is not installed at the moment. I'm no Linux expert, just started with it with my N900. Searched with Google etc but i didn't find anything! Would be nice if someone could help me!
And i got a question: i know how to use Backupmenu, but i installed Neopwn to EMMC, where you have to partition the EMMC. Will Backupmenu still work for this and restore also the Partitions?
Thx

The Following User Says Thank You to Coredown For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Make is not installed on the device, you have to make on the SDK and then transfer the binary to your device.

There is a working solution for compiling on-device if you search the forums, but the cpu isn't powerful enough and large applications could take days to compile.

I think that backupmenu just tars the contents of partitions but I'm not sure maybe someone else knows more.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
First thxs for the fast reply. I got the repos for it, but what do you mean with sdk? not the repos, right? It should be possible to do it on the N900 because the installation guide said so. Do you know how or what i have to install?

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Canada
Hi,

You can compile it in scratchbox and move it to the n900, or you can get make from extras-dev:

http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...e/m/make-3.81/

You probably need a full development environment on the n900 to compile anything on device though.

PS. Let us know how you get on with the Ubertooth One and the n900... I was contemplating buying one myself for awhile now (after hearing the creator talk at a conference), and have checked on the project now and again to see what's new.

Last edited by shawnjefferson; 2013-07-14 at 20:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to shawnjefferson For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
You can also add the sdk repos on the device but I don't know if this is advisable.

Longer story: The SDK is in essence a glorified chroot on your desktop linux with the maemo system plus a bunch of development tools. Those tools are absent on the device due to the small root partition, but they can run on it if you install them.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
thank you very much, i will try and let you know!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coredown For This Useful Post:
@shawnjefferson
Thanks for the idea with make! But you have to install the complete gcc to get it working, what i did. now it's working with the installations! one step further :-) What would you like to know about ubertooth? if it's really working? i will test the next days!
And do somebody got an idea for backupmenu and the partitions? the only thing is, it's a lot of work to install neopwn to emmc and if it would be possible to make a backup of it, you won't have to do all the work again!

@qwazix
Thanks! i got the repos and everything is working fine now! you only have to know what you have to install to get the complete gcc and then you can use the commands!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coredown For This Useful Post:
One problem left, no possibility to extract ubertooth-2012-10-R1.tar,xz. some idea?

Posts: 215 | Thanked: 448 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Burgas, Bulgaria
...and again, read the manual

Tags
fremantle