HI there,

Thanks for reading my thread.

I'm trying to get Erminig working. Now it could be that I'm just not understanding how to use it.
For those that don't know what Erminig is : it is a program that syncs your Google calender with your GPE calender on your N800. Although, I think it also works on the other tablets.
Here is a Google web site that outlines the basics: http://code.google.com/p/erminig/

I have downloaded and installed all the requisite programs to be able to install Erminig. I have then installed and opened Erminig.
My problem is that it doesn't seem to do anything when activated.
On an Erminig forum and the above web site it says I also need
Python-gtk2, Python-hildon, and Python-xml. When I enter these in Exterm it says not found. So even though I installed all the Python files I could find in my installable APS in Application Manager, I apparently still don't have those files.

OK, then I go to the Gronmayer site where all the repositories are. I find the Repos that contain those Python files I need and using my N800 I add that repo to my repo cataloges. It downloads to my Nokia.

So I arrive at my question. How do I find Python-gtk2, Python-hildon, and Python-xml in my Application Manager now? It doesn't appear there.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I hope you can help. Thanks in advance if you can.

EDIT: Well , upon further testing I found out that Erminig is now working for me. It syncs in both directions. It did make a mistake on one day by not changing that day's data. But overall it worked OK now. If anyone wants to answer the question I had about package installation I'm still curiious about that. Apparently I did have the files I needed, but I thought X-term would be accurate about installed files. I still wonder about installing Repos from the Gronmayer site. Here's a Noob ? for you. Is something that is in the Repo cataloge in the Application manager actually already installed?
Neil

Last edited by sungrove; 2008-01-07 at 02:53. Reason: changed circumstances

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
What do you mean 'it doesn't do anything when opened'?

Can you add your google parameters?
Can you then see your gpe and google calendars in the 'add' menu?

Originally Posted by EIPI View Post
What do you mean 'it doesn't do anything when opened'?

Can you add your google parameters?
Can you then see your gpe and google calendars in the 'add' menu?
I'm not sure you read my whole post including my edit at the bottom. I did end up getting it to work and then edited my post. However, yesterday, I got to the point you mention and then the program froze and then would not open. My assumption was that I was missing the repo files I mention in my opening post here. I did, however, try to sync before it froze, and it didn't sync my calenders. That is what I mean. The mistery that remains for me is whether I have all the Python... files I need. But apparently I do since it is working. Today, I completely started over by reflashing and then carefully trying to ad the proper repos and necessary program files. It ended up working.

Neil

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
Actually, your edit and my post came at the same timestamp. So I did read the entire post when I replied. However, it was changed at the same time. Glad you got it working. Erminig has always gone into a 'frozen' state for me when doing the initial sync (eg after an OS flash). I have about 10 years of Palm data that I synced the first time. It seemed frozen, but I left it alone for a few hours, and it got the job done. I think you probably experienced something similar. Erminig is a good tool, but has its quirks.

Originally Posted by sungrove View Post
I'm not sure you read my whole post including my edit at the bottom. I did end up getting it to work and then edited my post. However, yesterday, I got to the point you mention and then the program froze and then would not open. My assumption was that I was missing the repo files I mention in my opening post here. I did, however, try to sync before it froze, and it didn't sync my calenders. That is what I mean. The mistery that remains for me is whether I have all the Python... files I need. But apparently I do since it is working. Today, I completely started over by reflashing and then carefully trying to ad the proper repos and necessary program files. It ended up working.

Neil

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ France
Hi
There are 2 kinds of freeze :
- The window does not refresh, the widgets do not appear
This occurs during the download of Google events. I can't do better.
You have to wait.
- The progress bar stop to progress
There is a problem during the process.
Send me the debug log

david.hautbois@free.fr

David.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahitibob For This Useful Post:
Okay, I have been attempting to do the same thing as sungrove, but I am stuck with erminig being available, but not running when I select it. I think I have all the repositories I need, but I can't seem to find the python files. Are they in a specific repository? How do I put those on and get the program up and running?

I apologize in advance for being such a beginner.

Thanks.

When launching Erminig from Xterm follows this message
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/erminig", line 5, in <module>
import gtk.glade
ImportError: No module named glade

What should I do?

Enable red pill mode and install python2.5-gtk version 2.12.1-1osso2.

Looks like there has been some sort of a screwup?

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
I thought I'd use this thread rather than start a new one to ask:

Anyone have issues with Erminig failing to start?

I've searched the forums and there have been some reports, but a suggested re-install (inc a fresh download 2.9-1) and a hopeful reboot have not got it going again. I think I noticed it a day or so ago, then got busy, and tonite I made my first effort to get it going again.

I can choose it from either my Personal Menu or the Maemo start menu (is that what we are supposed to call it? It's under Extras)...but there is no indication that it has started or ever will

Have not contacted the author. Don't want to bother him with what, I am sure, prove to be something I did

Thanks in advance.

I have had problems with Erminig not starting. In my case what I found is that if a network connection does not already exist. It would not start.

I have also been working with the author on the problem where some re-occurring events do not show up at their correct times. I received a distressing email.

"Hi
I think I wont work on Erminig anymore.

Maybe someone will be interested to maintain it....

Sorry.

david. "

I hope David or somebody else continues work on this program.