Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
so he paid 40 Euro for a Tshirt and queue number he cant use? Now that is close to fraud
Nope, I paid for the t-shirt, the queue number/pre-book number was already free from the first place
Plus, I believe the phone would ship to Lebanon, since they use a shipping company, and isn't a shipping company supposed to ship to all countries possible?
If not, I know someone who is travelling to Europe, I'll let him use my pre-book number to get me it considered as the worst case possible

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
How the bloody hell is it fraud when they clearly stated everything in the order?

"Pre-order a limited edition Jolla. Get your pre-order priority number. Play a role in the creation of upcoming campaigns and proudly carry a Jolla T-Shirt! Join us on this adventurous journey. Available for a limited time only.

-pre-order of ltd ed. Jolla
-T-shirt
-priority pre-order status

40 €"

http://web.archive.org/web/201305211...n.jolla.com/en

It states pretty damn clearly what they are getting and what the price is. Same with the two other options options. They haven't backed down on anything that was promised.

Please explain what the fraundlent part is?

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
"Hello!

Some of you may have recently received a message from Jolla regarding tracking of your shipment.

Please be advised that shipping will start 2 to 4 weeks after the pre-book (pre-order) campaign has concluded.

For this reason, the tracking code link is currently inactive and therefore will not provide you any useful tracking information.

We ask that you simply hold onto the email message and await an email notification from Jolla that will indicate your item has actually been shipped.

Thanks again for your support and patience!

Warmest regards,
Jolla
"
-Official Jolla Facebook page

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
How the bloody hell is it fraud when they clearly stated everything in the order?

"Pre-order a limited edition Jolla. Get your pre-order priority number. Play a role in the creation of upcoming campaigns and proudly carry a Jolla T-Shirt! Join us on this adventurous journey. Available for a limited time only.

-pre-order of ltd ed. Jolla
-T-shirt
-priority pre-order status

40 €"

http://web.archive.org/web/201305211...n.jolla.com/en

It states pretty damn clearly what they are getting and what the price is. Same with the two other options options. They haven't backed down on anything that was promised.

Please explain what the fraundlent part is?
Noone has said it's fraud. Relax...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

GPS?
A-GPS?
Maps?

does anyone know?

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by rswelter View Post
GPS?
A-GPS?
Maps?

does anyone know?
AFAIK it will not have GPS chip.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
AFAIK it will not have GPS chip.
I hope you're not basing that on the latest speculation of chipset/SoC being used.

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Who would release a smartphone these days without GPS?... Whatever chipset the phone will have, it's not exactly hard to add separate GPS-chip in the hardware.
I hope it'll have nice map app built in (google maps, Nokia/Here maps whatever), but it's not like people won't make loads of map apps for it.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I hope you're not basing that on the latest speculation of chipset/SoC being used.
I base it on that they have not given any info about GPS in the specs. Same for NFC support or even BT.

But ofcourse it would be EPIC FAIL if those sensors is not there. But as always I prefer facts nor speculation that only makes people frustrated.

But about the SoC whatever SoC they use its kinda unrelevant to what sensor we can expect. N9 SoC is TI, and as we know that SoC has not any of this discussed sensors integrated (not even a modem).

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-07-05 at 19:31.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Guys, no shipment today. Sit tight.

Consider yourself informed.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Tags
delusions, traction?