Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Keep them, they should stay there for context, don't be afraid to have your own opinion.
Everyone's entitled to theirs, no matter if others think theirs is somehow more superior/realistic/better-informed.
I can't say I agree wholeheartedly with everything you say, but that's not the point...

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-06-29 at 16:47.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Guess some parts of this rant still apply.
It's just hilarious
Who wrote that beutiful piece? And from the context I guess that was part of some application, it would display this when started?

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Jolla hasn't communicated much with TMO. I hope they don't even plan to start.

This frigging stillborn unmoderated bastard offspring of Nokia's broken dreams is awfully poisonous mud pond of bitching. I hope they continue to just doing what they do...instead of even thinking about perhaps communicating with this discussion board.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post

This frigging stillborn unmoderated bastard offspring of Nokia's broken dreams is awfully poisonous mud pond of bitching. I hope they continue to just doing what they do...instead of even thinking about perhaps communicating with this discussion board.
Unfortunately gotta agree with that. That maemo.org url would also be quite problematic when Jolla isn't there to benefit Maemo users, but building its own. Some seem to have the misconception that they are somehow accountable on the development of N9.

This place used to be amazing community. Getting an app/tweak made for N900 a day after asking for a solution or improvement. Can't beat that.
Now its people divided into a different camps and much of the great dev core understandably gone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
A basic level of civility/respect goes a long way towards resolving the issues you both speak of.
Some here have a loooong track-record of having little or none of those qualities, unfortunately.

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-06-30 at 04:17.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post

I think you are totally wrong here. Communication with it's customers is not easy, its a damn hard crowd to please. But as a vendor it's crucial. To me jolla has an opportunity to do it in an unlike way, since they are small and like to be close to it's "community". To create an official account at TMO, XDA, Nokia forum and/or a few others they could quite easily reach a large effort of users. It' would give them a direct channel to lots of potential customers an I'm sure it would also give them respect which would end up in real sales. I'm not talking about support here, it's more about information channels where they can post stuff so users now they exists(AND CARES for the endusers, more than just a lame press-release).

It's not up to any community, forum or user to take contact with jolla. It's up to jolla to connect to the reality, communities and ultimately the end users, TMO is just a reflection of the end users, so if jolla will sell the phone to real people, and not a select few 'nerds'. they batter shape up the message and do it fast, because the endusers are not always nice and throwing money and good words at you.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-06-30 at 06:04.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
It's just hilarious
Who wrote that beutiful piece? And from the context I guess that was part of some application, it would display this when started?
Author=qwerty12
Source=Extented Locked Media Player Control

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 289 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Worldwide

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Notice the "extra border" in running app view on the nexus one it seems the app thumbnail size is hardcoded?

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Unfortunately gotta agree with that. That maemo.org url would also be quite problematic when Jolla isn't there to benefit Maemo users, but building its own. Some seem to have the misconception that they are somehow accountable on the development of N9.

This place used to be amazing community. Getting an app/tweak made for N900 a day after asking for a solution or improvement. Can't beat that.
Now its people divided into a different camps and much of the great dev core understandably gone.
Thats why I say this over and over again:

We need a fresh new restart a new community and with a better forum. For example I trying to be more active in nemo mobile. But personally don't see a good place to ask questions about how to install on N9 or solutions when something fails etc...

This is needed because ask questions on irc is not always best place because we repeating questions over and over again.

I would not mind to pay for a fresh community but there is no damn way I pay a penny this community as long as the forum is broken.

Fresh restart is the only solution IMHO.

its time:

http://7b4.se/merforum/default/index

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-06-30 at 11:38.

Tags
"pretty soon", funniest line, jolla, pipo party, sailfish, tmo red