Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by Garrett_PL View Post
but can You provide code for this operation (like which one You downgraded)
Pulseaudio packages are listed here. I downgraded all installed pulseaudio packages.

To test, while online, which packages are installed, use for example the command:
apt-cache policy "packagename",
where packagename is for example: libpulse0 or pulseaudio-esound-compat etc.

To downgrade to the previous ones (dated 23-Nov-2012) (or install certain version), use the command:
apt-get install --reinstall "packagename=version" e.g.
apt-get install --reinstall libpulse0=0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu1

The latest package mp-fremantle-community-pr gets of course removed during the downgrade...

Last edited by acrux; 2013-06-20 at 11:00.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to acrux For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
@Estel - are you trolling me?
Certainly not. My post was meant as constructive critic, and I hope for it to be seen like that.

bb-power - it was agreed that this will be split into 2 packages. no such thing so far. afaik.
It was demanded, not agreed, and AFAIK, iDont accepted that it's requirement, but isn't interested in wasting time to perform such operation (nor anyone else is. No surprise here, as such requirement is ABSURD with no plausible rationale, nor any example in CSSU itself.

adeclock - debian packaging was done just a week or so ago. by pali. not so far ade stated that he withdraws from the project.
AFAIK, ade wasn't packaging it for maemo repos, due to another demand from CSSU (due to hypothetical CSSU inclusions). He even made two version of worldclock package with or without new (optional) feature of showing seconds in main screen (another absurd'ish demand from CSSU). Then, for all months/years, nothing happened.

As for his "withdrawal" from the project - AFAIK (again), it's due to worldclock replacement being feature complete. Still, he offered to help, if bugs are discovered (which is what maintaining of finished projects is, isn't it?).

IRC - you can't build a team over the mailing list. period. and as our contribution time is limited, we (or at least me) want our questions, requests, proposals, etc answered asap. ML just don't work for development.
3/4 of historical Linux development seems to point otherwise, but I accept that you doesn't accept non-realtime methods.

And please, don't involve your personal war with doc here. You are well aware of what are the relations between me and doc, most of the time we are on the edge and sometimes beyond it. but we somehow (usually) succeed to contribute. I agree, it is wasted energy, but calling doc "noone" esp in the light of what he is doing for the community for the last couple of months is plain... stupid.
No war - In regards of busybox-power and worldclock replacement, I measure his level of expertise as 0. Or even under 0, as all he had to contribute about busybox-power, was his hate for busybox (mainstream) as a whole.

Contributions to other parts of Community are unquestionable, but sadly, it isn't related to problems with CSSU - how his influence on CSSU maintainer(s) hurt new contributions, and made CSSU unfriendly place for new contributors.

if you want any further conversation with me on the matter, please change your style. I won't participate anymore in conversation like that. if you want something changed, please do your homework. pointing at people shouting "he is bad, those are good but under bad influence" will change nothing IMO
I think I did my homework about busybox-power and worldclock replacement pretty well - those are only two projects that I was talking about, and I contributed to them (as much as my limited knowledge allows) for months/years, in many ways. I was also participating in every conversation re inclusions of those projects in CSSU, so I have seen all absurdal situations and whole "attitude" towards them, from first hand.

Considering, how our view on ade's "withdrawal" and busybox-power split "agreement" differ, I'm not sure if you shouldn't apply "do your homework" request to yourself. Still, if you feel that this conversation is useless, you're happy with current number of active CSSU contributors, etc - feel free to ignore all of the above.

Those are just my 2 cents of my view on origins for current "grim" situation around CSSU contribution numbers. It was ignored when I warned about such possible effects, when bb-p and worldclock repl. inclusion fiasco just happened - you can keep it that way, if you feel it fancy. Blaming it on "lesser interest in N900" is easier, after all - even, when some other Maemo projects are flourishing, and buzzing with activity.

Disclaimer/note:
Please note (from previous post), that I see *individual* CSSU developers, as super-friendly and competent people, whose contributions are awesome. It just seems to me, that project as a *whole* become unfriendly for new people (which is epic paradox...), and I see this as effect of unhealthy influence of *one* person from outside CSSU, on CSSU maintainers.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ switzerland
Congratulation!
estel just won to be added in my ignore list.

I don't mind you haveing issue with people. But please, this is just not contructive to discuss those matter in random thread.

Yes, you enter a tread with helpfull post (even if sometime a little harsh) and then, each time, it goes on with the same rant.

Too bad, you really have good knowledge and provide a lot to the community.

But i can't cope with your random trashing of people (deserved or not, i don't know) anymore.

Sorry for offtopic but this is something that is growing in my mind since a few month and this is too much now.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mitrigol For This Useful Post:
Posts: 68 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Ukraine
Originally Posted by rfeese View Post
After upgrading from Tmaemo7.2 to Tmaemo8.2 yesterday I noticed that my ringtone seemed to be resorting to the fallback setting (the default nokia ring tone). I am using profilesx so I checked the settings there and in the standard settings and everything seemed fine but I was still getting the wrong ring tone. I rebooted and I can't say for sure that was what fixed it but, I am getting my custom ring tone now. I have tested alarms, calendar, and email notifications and they are all working properly.
also working after reinstalling profileX & long rebooting

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to badazimer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Louth / Ireland
Originally Posted by acrux View Post
Pulseaudio packages are listed here. I downgraded all installed pulseaudio packages.

To test, while online, which packages are installed, use for example the command:

To downgrade to the previous ones (dated 23-Nov-2012) (or install certain version), use the command:

The latest package mp-fremantle-community-pr gets of course removed during the downgrade...
Well I didn't talk about xterm commands but ver. of pulseaudio packages - You provided both, thank You for dooing so.
Since my last backup was dated 1st JAN 2013 I rolled back to that date, when the device was on T7.1. That took me (or rather Backup console) ~ 15". Now I upgraded to T7.2 and it will have to stay on this one. Tonight I'm dooing full backup, just to have it fresh in case I would be sucked into CSSU Testing again.

Thanks again acrux.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Garrett_PL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Louth / Ireland
Originally Posted by Mitrigol View Post
Congratulation!
estel just won to be added in my ignore list.

I don't mind you haveing issue with people. But please, this is just not contructive to discuss those matter in random thread.

Yes, you enter a tread with helpfull post (even if sometime a little harsh) and then, each time, it goes on with the same rant.

Too bad, you really have good knowledge and provide a lot to the community.

But i can't cope with your random trashing of people (deserved or not, i don't know) anymore.

Sorry for offtopic but this is something that is growing in my mind since a few month and this is too much now.
Estel is a good lad, he just need slap across his face from time to time. Someone with that skilzz supposed to spend time in other way than arguing on TMO. So few left here, You be nice for each other.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Garrett_PL For This Useful Post:
[OT]It's funny, how you can't come with *any* critic - even constructive one, reinforced with certain examples and arguments - without "muppets" (fanboys and co) coming and starting troll dance.

Really, agree, disagree, or ignore, but stop dancing, if you don't have anything on-topic to add. OK?

If CSSU thread isn't good place to discuss package inclusion policy (or lack of) into CSSU, then I don't know what is.[/OT]
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2013-06-20 at 15:49.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
I am trolling

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by acrux View Post

For everybody who doesn't like typing...

To find out which pulseaudio packages are installed open a shell (via ssh) and execute this command:
Code:
apt-cache policy \
libpulse-dev \
libpulse-mainloop-glib0-dbg \
libpulse-mainloop-glib0 \
libpulse0-dbg \
libpulse0 \
pulseaudio-dbg \
pulseaudio-dev \
pulseaudio-doc \
pulseaudio-esound-compat-dbg \
pulseaudio-esound-compat \
pulseaudio-module-bluetooth-dbg \
pulseaudio-module-bluetooth \
pulseaudio-module-extra-dbg \
pulseaudio-module-extra \
pulseaudio-module-gconf-dbg \
pulseaudio-module-gconf \
pulseaudio-module-hal-dbg \
pulseaudio-module-hal \
pulseaudio-module-x11-dbg \
pulseaudio-module-x11 \
pulseaudio-test \
pulseaudio-utils-dbg \
pulseaudio-utils \
pulseaudio \
| grep "Installed:" -B 1
Look at the output and delete every line referring to a package that is not installed on your device (except for the first line, of course) of the following command before executing it as root:

Code:
apt-get install -y --force-yes --reinstall \
libpulse-dev=0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu1 \
libpulse-mainloop-glib0-dbg=0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu1 \
libpulse-mainloop-glib0=0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu1 \
libpulse0-dbg=0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu1 \
libpulse0=0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu1 \
pulseaudio-dbg=0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu1 \
pulseaudio-dev=0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu1 \
pulseaudio-doc=0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu1 \
pulseaudio-esound-compat-dbg=0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu1 \
pulseaudio-esound-compat=0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu1 \
pulseaudio-module-bluetooth-dbg=0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu1 \
pulseaudio-module-bluetooth=0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu1 \
pulseaudio-module-extra-dbg=0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu1 \
pulseaudio-module-extra=0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu1 \
pulseaudio-module-gconf-dbg=0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu1 \
pulseaudio-module-gconf=0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu1 \
pulseaudio-module-hal-dbg=0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu1 \
pulseaudio-module-hal=0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu1 \
pulseaudio-module-x11-dbg=0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu1 \
pulseaudio-module-x11=0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu1 \
pulseaudio-test=0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu1 \
pulseaudio-utils-dbg=0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu1 \
pulseaudio-utils=0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu1 \
pulseaudio=0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu1
For me it shrank to this:

Code:
apt-get install -y --force-yes --reinstall \
libpulse-mainloop-glib0=0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu1 \
libpulse0=0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu1 \
pulseaudio-esound-compat=0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu1 \
pulseaudio-module-bluetooth=0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu1 \
pulseaudio-module-gconf=0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu1 \
pulseaudio-module-hal=0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu1 \
pulseaudio=0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu1

Is there any discussion going on elsewhere about what seems to be wrong with pulseaudio?

DerYo-->

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to deryo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by deryo View Post

Is there any discussion going on elsewhere about what seems to be wrong with pulseaudio?

DerYo-->
I'm surprised that there isn't more discussion ongoing about this issue. I also got bitten with this bug after the recent CSSU update. I followed your instructions to downgrade the pulseaudio packages and it seems that this fixed the issue for me.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mara For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu testing