Active Topics

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Vilnius, Lithuania
CSSU Testing Thumb2 installs kernel-cssu package to fix some erratas if you don't have kerlnet-power installed. Maybe you've installed power50 on top of kernel-cssu?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iceskateclog For This Useful Post:
I've used speedpatch and Autodisconnect before, but how do I know if they uninstalled or not, so I know whether to reflash or not? Or simply not worry if I'm not seeing any adverse effects?

The Following User Says Thank You to chill For This Useful Post:
Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ P town
Originally Posted by independent View Post
I'd say the best upgrade is a custom keyboard RX-51 file with pipes and tabs directly on the keyboard.
Would mind sharing your config?
To which key(s) did you mapped tab and pipe?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sLumPia For This Useful Post:
i use:cssu T , backupmenu . u-boot , maemodder , swapolube , a custom moveroot by me , mafw eq , oc dsp & cpu ,ext4 8gb home , 1 gb swap, and so on
CSSU-T latest version

Last edited by Alecsandru; 2013-06-21 at 08:54.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alecsandru For This Useful Post:
Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
Originally Posted by iceskateclog View Post
CSSU Testing Thumb2 installs kernel-cssu package to fix some erratas if you don't have kerlnet-power installed. Maybe you've installed power50 on top of kernel-cssu?
Crap! Install order counts. I was going to post and ask before I did it, but I figured CSSU (firmware) then kernel upgrades, then everything else... I guessed wrong.

Knowing that, I'm hoping that just reinstalling the kernel will do that, so from the command line I did

Code:
apt-get install --reinstall kernel-cssu kernel-cssu-flasher kernel-cssu-modules
and hope that stabilizes things. (I really didn't want to reflash now that I am getting things back to the way I like them -- Same reason I run Debian/sid instead of Ubuntu/Mint/etc...I hate having to re-set up my workflow every 6 months.

Thanks for lettting me know where I had stepped in it, iceskateclog.

The Following User Says Thank You to VulcanRidr For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chill View Post
I've used speedpatch and Autodisconnect before, but how do I know if they uninstalled or not, so I know whether to reflash or not? Or simply not worry if I'm not seeing any adverse effects?
Anybody shed light?

The Following User Says Thank You to chill For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by chill View Post
Anybody shed light?
I've never installed either speedpatch or autodisconnect. AFAIK the problem with uninstalling speedpatch is that it left some crap on your .profile (or .bashrc). You may want to check if everything looks OK there (/root and /home/user, just in case).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Regarding AutoDisconnect, I used it for a few months last year so I have some first-hand experience. It worked fine and uninstalled cleanly. As a general rule, whenever I uninstall anything, I go to terminal and run
Code:
root
find / -name *appname*
...to find any leftovers (usually config or data files or created whilst using the app, not part of the installation hence not cleaned up after uninstalling).

In case of AutoDisconnect, "*appname*" in the code snippet above could be something like "*autodisco*".

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Regarding AutoDisconnect, I used it for a few months last year so I have some first-hand experience. It worked fine and uninstalled cleanly. As a general rule, whenever I uninstall anything, I go to terminal and run
Code:
root
find / -name *appname*
...to find any leftovers (usually config or data files or created whilst using the app, not part of the installation hence not cleaned up after uninstalling).

In case of AutoDisconnect, "*appname*" in the code snippet above could be something like "*autodisco*".
By the way, it could be a feature request for "Storage Usage": when show memory usage by package, put all other files into "unpackaged", so that the user could sift through it and see: these files are necessary, these files were thought lost, and these files were left behind by a package which failed to clean up after itself.
Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Code:
root
find / -name *appname*

This doesn't completely mean something has uninstalled "cleanly".
It may have modified existing files or unpackaged other files in other places. The above only really checks for unwanted residue.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Tags
fremantle, nokia n900