Notices

@Jannis

Yes, I think the way you are describing the voice control sounds excellent. Please continue and you should probably start a new topic!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rfeese For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Jannis View Post
Well, my question is, are there still users of the N900 which are even interested in this little piece of software? (If there is anyone, perhaps just click the Thanks! - link as a feedback.)
Most definitely. N900 & N9/950 users...
Some exclusively one or the other, some users of both.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Most definitely. N900 & N9/950 users...
Some exclusively one or the other, some users of both.
both n900 and n9 users are highly intrested

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
As taixzo pointed out, maybe you could join your efforts and develop something like "the voicy Saera"?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amboss For This Useful Post:
interested, but so far this app hasn't been very useful. Just being honest. It doesn't understand much of what I say and I speak pretty "proper". lol
Boot from MMC
Gpodder Cache on MMC
MTube Cache on MMC
Mugen 1800mAh Battery
Addesso USB rollup keyboard
Solio Solar Charger
Holux GPSlim GPS

N810
community SSU
Turbo Diablo
8GB external
Boot from Internal SD
Still no GPS Fix.

N900
Stock
32GB
Many Solar Chargers (Saved bacon during Sandy!)
Inland ProHT BT keyboard
What's this? A GPS Fix? Wowwwwwww

The Following User Says Thank You to sondjata For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by sondjata View Post
interested, but so far this app hasn't been very useful. Just being honest. It doesn't understand much of what I say and I speak pretty "proper". lol
One size doesn't fit all. If the sphinx tries to understand words of any human, with long list of dictionary words, it will fail much of the time. The list of possible words should be short each time it tries to recognise a word, and ideally, sphinx would be trained to recognise specifically voice of one human using it.
Best wishes. Thank you.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
I am quite interested in that. I've found it hard to actually make Saera do anything useful, because it's trying to do everything at once.
I think there is no difference -Voicy vs. Saera- in making them do anything useful. Saera does all the processing in one file and Voicy separates these things into different files, one for each app to control. This separation only makes it easier to add/remove controls for a user. The actual piece of python code needed to control something is the same.

From my perspective there aren't many situations where voice control for a phone is really useful (I am not talking about fun things like Chuck Norris news etc.), but at least there are some.
My list goes as follows:
1: navit, because it's better to concentrate on driving and to keep the hands off the phone
2: accept/reject a phone call while driving
3: dial a number while driving
4: control the mp3-player (for example in bed)
5: take a picture

Any suggestions for other useful things?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jannis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
From my perspective there aren't many situations where voice control for a phone is really useful (I am not talking about fun things like Chuck Norris news etc.), but at least there are some.
My list goes as follows:
1: navit, because it's better to concentrate on driving and to keep the hands off the phone

About four months ago i compiled xbmcvc - a program for controlling XBMC with simple voice commands on my N900 from Kempniu to control XBMC running on my Raspberry Pi connected to a tv.

Unfortunately, i had dependency issues on my N9, so i forgot about this 'project'. If there is interest i can look into it again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
I don't have a paypal account set up, but I could set one up if there is interest.

That is kind of odd - apt-cache policy python-beautifulsoup shows it as being in nokia's main repository, and I didn't have to go anywhere else to get it. Did you run apt-get update first?
Espeak I installed from rzr's repo. I'll upload the .debs to my server.

What do you mean? I did post the .deb a few posts back. It is not easy to install yet because I am still working on it; here are basic installation instructions, if these are complicated wait until I get things better sorted out:
  1. Download the following files to your N9 or N950:
    espeak_1.46.11_armel.deb
    espeak-data_1.46.11_all.deb
    libespeak_1.46.11_armel.deb
    python-gst0.10_0.10.21-1maemo2+0m6_armel.deb
    saera_0.0.1_armel.deb
    gstreamer0.10-pocketsphinx_7.0-0svn11247_armel.deb
    libpocketsphinx1_7.0-0svn11247_armel.deb
    libsphinxbase1_7.0-0svn11246_armel.deb
    pocketsphinx-hmm-en-hub4wsj_7.0-0svn11247_all.deb
    pocketsphinx-lm-en-hub4_7.0-0svn11247_all.deb
    pocketsphinx-utils_7.0-0svn11247_armel.deb
  2. Code:
    devel-su
  3. Code:
    apt-get install python-gobject python-beautifulsoup wget
    dpkg -i *.deb
Hi All,

I've tried to install this app, I've downloaded all this packages and installed them but when I try to install Saera marks a dependency problem with phyton-cairo and phyton-gtk2, for the first one there's no issue because with a apt-get install phyton-cairo it get it but the problem is with the second that is nowhere to find in the actual repos, anyone know how to solve this?

Regards,
DjCrash1981

The Following User Says Thank You to djcrash1981 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
I think there is no difference -Voicy vs. Saera- in making them do anything useful. Saera does all the processing in one file and Voicy separates these things into different files, one for each app to control. This separation only makes it easier to add/remove controls for a user. The actual piece of python code needed to control something is the same.

My list goes as follows:

oh man its exactly what i wanted
but two extra things shout to turn off phone or reeboot very handy when in bed and phone on desk or charge
be able to shedule the time period for which the app/daemon woud automatically turn itself on and off
plus would be great if i can change tracks by clicking fingers or clapping

Tags
saera, speech-to-text