python-gobject
python-cairo
espeak
I put instructions here.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
I put instructions here.
step 3:
I replace ( * ) in *.deb with package name ?

The Following User Says Thank You to Ta76eem For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Ta76eem View Post
step 3:
I replace ( * ) in *.deb with package name ?
dont bother... dpkg will do that for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to saponga For This Useful Post:
dpkg -i *.deb .. couldnt open debian archive

solved .. thanks a lot for this app

??????
It doesnt understand any single word
well it just understand (go away) .. =p

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Bangladesh
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
I don't have a paypal account set up, but I could set one up if there is interest.

That is kind of odd - apt-cache policy python-beautifulsoup shows it as being in nokia's main repository, and I didn't have to go anywhere else to get it. Did you run apt-get update first?
Espeak I installed from rzr's repo. I'll upload the .debs to my server.

What do you mean? I did post the .deb a few posts back. It is not easy to install yet because I am still working on it; here are basic installation instructions, if these are complicated wait until I get things better sorted out:
  1. Download the following files to your N9 or N950:
    espeak_1.46.11_armel.deb
    espeak-data_1.46.11_all.deb
    libespeak_1.46.11_armel.deb
    python-gst0.10_0.10.21-1maemo2+0m6_armel.deb
    saera_0.0.1_armel.deb
    gstreamer0.10-pocketsphinx_7.0-0svn11247_armel.deb
    libpocketsphinx1_7.0-0svn11247_armel.deb
    libsphinxbase1_7.0-0svn11246_armel.deb
    pocketsphinx-hmm-en-hub4wsj_7.0-0svn11247_all.deb
    pocketsphinx-lm-en-hub4_7.0-0svn11247_all.deb
    pocketsphinx-utils_7.0-0svn11247_armel.deb
  2. Code:
    devel-su
  3. Code:
    apt-get install python-gobject python-beautifulsoup wget
    dpkg -i *.deb
I hv done all the steps but thn it showing me this......any suggestion....../
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to roman2205 For This Useful Post:
Hi,

like taixzo I developed a little voice control app in Python. It's named Voicy, yeah not very original. Unlike taixzo's app “Saera”, which is really cool, funny and implements some AI, my app -which I have not made public- only tries to be functional. It just can launch and control other apps. Besides, I wrote it mainly to control navit by voice, which works pretty well. (Currently implemented navit commands: Navigate home: looks for a navit bookmark “Home”, sets this as target and starts navigation; Stop navigation; Zoom in/out, Pitch up/down; Layout car/bike/car-dark)

My program also makes use of pocketsphinx, like “Saera”. Since the voice recognition of pocketsphinx unfortunately is not perfect, I took the following approach: The program only uses a limited set of very distinct commands at a time, but it changes from one set to another, depending on the current foreground task. Example: Ask Voicy to lauch the mediaplayer. After the mediaplayer got started, the set of available commands is not automatically(!) changed. But almost immediately after mediaplayer actually got the new foreground task, Voicy will recognize this and in turn will switch the set of available commands accordingly. This means, also when the user manually(!) launches another app or brings it to foreground respectively, the software will change the command-set. When the current foreground app is unknown or Voicy itself, the command-set of Voicy is active.
Moreover I patched pocketsphinx to deliver a score value. When the patched version of pocketsphinx is used, which is optional, a command is only carried out at a minimum score level per command.
The core program is not finished yet, I would like to add little more functionality. Currently there are other things with more priority, so this might take some weeks or months.

It should be pretty easy to add new functionalities for arbitrary other apps, provided there is some kind of interface to control them, otherwise Xdotool is an option. The Voicy core program is like a -let me say- little framework. During initialization it looks for control-files in a certain subfolder structure and dynamically imports them. That means, adding functionality for a new app only requires to write some code for it, mainly “do this or that on a certain command”, add the required language model files for pocketsphinx and place these files in a new subfolder. Thats it. If you want to enable Voicy to launch this program, (unfortunately atm) you need to edit the command-file for launching apps and add a new entry.

Well, my question is, are there still users of the N900 which are even interested in this little piece of software? (If there is anyone, perhaps just click the Thanks! - link as a feedback.)
If so I might take the time to make it public. Who knows, perhaps there are even people which are interested in coding/adding new controls

The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to Jannis For This Useful Post:
I am quite interested in that. I've found it hard to actually make Saera do anything useful, because it's trying to do everything at once.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:

Tags
saera, speech-to-text