Active Topics

Originally Posted by Garrett_PL View Post
Any thing we (ringtone buggers) can do to find the way to fix this? Or what package to rollback (if possible). I supose the quick and as You call it "dirty" fix will be to set all ringtones to default and then swap the ones we use with the default ones - hope it's clear.
Might it be connected with the location of fingtones? I'm not going back to 7.2 - no f way
I have really no idea, because profiled daemon (which play ringtone) was not touched in CSSU T8. Maybe you can try to downgrade package by package and try to find which causing problem...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
I have got one more bug: I use extended-media-control app which makes volume buttons to function as track change when camera button half pressed, and camera key to pause and play when device locked. It no longer works on T8 except camera key which still works to pause or play.

One more: LED light seems to malfunction sometimes when I get a missed call. Is it related also?

Edit: LED Bug solved after a cold boot.

Last edited by TransTech; 2013-06-16 at 13:42.

Originally Posted by TransTech View Post
I have got one more bug: I use extended-media-control app which makes volume buttons to function as track change when camera button half pressed, and camera key to pause and play when device locked. It no longer works on T8 except camera key which still works to pause or play.
For 3rd apps, please contact maintainer of apps. He will know better what hacks used in that apps. I do not know about any volume buttons remapping (or something else) in last CSSU-T.

Originally Posted by TransTech View Post
One more: LED light seems to malfunction sometimes when I get a missed call. Is it related also?
This was not touched by this CSSU-T.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on May 2012 @ port harcourt
After updating to the latest CSSU Testing, microb on freezes often with the message - "webpage not responding, forcefully close page? unsaved data may be lost". When this happens every other applications freezes too including the screen. Can someone more experienced advice me on what to do please?

The Following User Says Thank You to mrbee For This Useful Post:
I got a possible solution for the ringtone bug:

Solution:
1a: For Control-Panel-ProfileX users : Uninstall ProfileX and reinstall it once again.
1b. Reset the ringtone and all other settings once again. (Also in (Profiles) for ProfileX users).
2. Turn off N900.
3. Remove Battery.
4. Press and hold power button for 30 secs.
5. Replace battery and turn on the N900.
6. Check it by calling to your phone. (at least 5-7 times.)

//This solved my ringtone (Nokia Tune) problem.

@CSSU-T Team:
Hildon desktop is continously crashing when using slide to unlock from power button. Though it stops after a couple of screen on-off(s). It looks like an app is repeatatively closing. Is it related to T8?

p.s. I also have qtlockscreen on.

Last edited by TransTech; 2013-06-16 at 13:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to TransTech For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
im facing a bug in browser (microb) whenever i try to post a comment or want to write something; it uses triggers cpu usage to 100% but when i finish writing or just discard it, cpu usage goes back to normal again.

and also when im typing and i put browser window in background and open any other application or go to home screen cpu usage goes back to normal. Anyone else facing this problem ?
Any fixes ? Microb uses CPU when I type a web address.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Oulu, Finland
Hehe, profiled wasn't touched in Testing-8. So if you're having a profile-related problem, it wasn't CSSU-T's fault, I believe.

However, I do recall a profiled 0.30.2-1+0cssu1 having been recently dropped into one of the community repos. That one could definitely affect your 'tones.

But. Why would you keep installing those packages not sanctioned yet for CSSU-T or somesuch on your own? They're sort of "hidden" in the repos and you probably have to actively grab them on your own to install them, right?

It isn't nice to simultaneously install a pile of unrelated things and randomly generate a guess as to which one produces the problems.

[edit] I'm sorry -- I didn't mean to be blaming and bitchy about it. But I was. :/

Last edited by Raimu; 2013-06-18 at 13:47.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Raimu For This Useful Post:
new profiled in in CSSU devel repository, so this is irrelevant in this CSSU testing thread...

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
I was going to write that this has nothing to do with profiled since I didn't have it, turns out I actually have, BUT I can't really remember installing it.

I know this is getting offtopic, but how can I find out which package installed it?

Between the working ringtones and the misbehaving ones now, I only updated CSSU-T and Lanterne (IIRC). Maybe a change done by either of those triggers a bug in profiled then?

Pardon the rant but: Would be great if we can have some constructive thinking here, I've kinda had it with this box mentality (we didn't touch that, so not our problem), all software runs together on the system and weird interactions can never be ruled out just like that. </rant>

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to petur For This Useful Post:
this may not be possible but could we include a pre-inst script to detect if the user has incorrect repos enabled during install and then stop and report an error message. For testing, error if devel is enabled. for stable releases, error if testing or devel enabled.

this might help in the future to eliminate possible issues

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu testing