Poll: Will you buy the Jolla phone?
Poll Options
Will you buy the Jolla phone?

Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
Originally Posted by AMD View Post
So.. No Lebanese person besides me at all has pre-ordered? Interesting...
No at least for now

The Following User Says Thank You to myname24 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
We need more posts with links to convince us that a combination of Nokia and Microsoft marketing is able to cause more traffic than a start-up. Maybe if you post it multiple times it will better get your point across as well.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to biatch0 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Originally Posted by myname24 View Post
No at least for now
But we NEED some people to pre-order, otherwise no Jolla in Lebanon, at all... Because of our stupid Android robots that follow idiocy.

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

The Following User Says Thank You to AMD For This Useful Post:
Will there be a sailfish port for the N9?

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Udemzy View Post
Will there be a sailfish port for the N9?
I wouldnt hold my breath, the N9 is a Nokia device, and if jolla starts supporting that, i think eflop will sue the begesus out of them.

Originally Posted by XiliX View Post
I wouldnt hold my breath, the N9 is a Nokia device, and if jolla starts supporting that, i think eflop will sue the begesus out of them.
Am not saying officially, like the way nitdroid and nemo is. And elop doesn't give a damn about n9 its a 2yr old device that's not running wp.

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by XiliX View Post
No it's not Nokia's device. It's my device. I sure as taxes can install whatever I want on it.

Really, the concept of "property" is getting mysteriously diluted since the arrival of those ultra-closed platforms as iOS and WP. And people seem to be fine with it...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
No it's not Nokia's device. It's my device. I sure as taxes can install whatever I want on it.

Really, the concept of "property" is getting mysteriously diluted since the arrival of those ultra-closed platforms as iOS and WP. And people seem to be fine with it...
AFAIK the Silica will be released after or near to the release of the device then its upto the nemomobile community to make it happen.

Jolla can't do it and why should they? If I were them I would not use my free time to port to another company's phone! Jolla's bussiness is to port Sailfish to X/Y company but NOT for free. So its either Nokia who has to pay them or the community (means us).

You can already now participate to help testing of todays nemomobile. There is alot of stuff in the core that need to be tested, fixed, bugreporting etc... Atm. GPS and NFC needs reverse enginnering and is not working in nemo. The more people get involved the faster this will work.

But do not expect SilicaUI to work as smooth as Harmattan on N9 or SilicaUI on Jollas new device....

Btw. I am not yet active in nemomobile myself just following the development. But hoppefully I soon will be active myself to...

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-06-07 at 10:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Hi guys. My first post lol, but I visit TMO whenever I can
Anyway , I'm a Medical student thus it is quite normal for me Not understand what you guys talk about like linux commands, QT and these things, but with all that, I bought N9 and I'm absolutely in love with MeeGo-Harmattan . I'm used to be a Nokia fan and I am! But I remain highly conservative against WP, mostly because it looks stupid compare to MeeGo , so that's why I managed to buy a Jolla mobile even though my country is not listed in the supported regions (I live in Iran ). But I have some questions that arise my concern alot.
We all are familiar with Nokia's superb bulid quality and durability , but this other half of jolla aside of it's intuitive feature looks terribly stupid! Will it stick to the body after 2 years of usage like the first day?
Dropping ! What if I droped the phone? I think I should search for the other half,lol. What if some dust sit in between? The other half looks weak to me. Do you still use N9's cover? Mine lost abit of it's shape due to the extremely hot wheather in here.
Since Jolla has no warranty and services in Iran, Some quality assurance is vital for the buyer .
I wish they come up with more details about the other half

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to edi_opteron For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by edi_opteron View Post
Hi guys. My first post lol, but I visit TMO whenever I can
Anyway , I'm a Medical student thus it is quite normal for me Not understand what you guys talk about like linux commands, QT and these things, but with all that, I bought N9 and I'm absolutely in love with MeeGo-Harmattan . I'm used to be a Nokia fan and I am! But I remain highly conservative against WP, mostly because it looks stupid compare to MeeGo , so that's why I managed to buy a Jolla mobile even though my country is not listed in the supported regions (I live in Iran ). But I have some questions that arise my concern alot.
We all are familiar with Nokia's superb bulid quality and durability , but this other half of jolla aside of it's intuitive feature looks terribly stupid! Will it stick to the body after 2 years of usage like the first day?
Dropping ! What if I droped the phone? I think I should search for the other half,lol. What if some dust sit in between? The other half looks weak to me. Do you still use N9's cover? Mine lost abit of it's shape due to the extremely hot wheather in here.
Since Jolla has no warranty and services in Iran, Some quality assurance is vital for the buyer .
I wish they come up with more details about the other half
Excellent point. My concern too. There are a lot of unknowns to just blindly jump in and buy the device. Wait for the first reviews by reliable sources. I am sure that obvious flaws will be easy to point out on initial review, with regards to durability, I hope there are few exNokian hardware engineers that will guide them well.

Tags
fanboy, gy_wp_sy, jolla, jolla phone, theoclueless, theotool