Active Topics

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
I really like the forum

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ culpeper,va.
The only way i think it going to work, is, to have a GM who can interact and deal with BoD on the issues on TMO and have them done.
Where the bussies BoD member have to meet the least possible and they just have to agree on the solutions, maybe poll or referendums.

The GM has to overlook software developement, maintainance of packages and future of TMO.

Oh missed the thread by generalallies

theres what i wanted the type of thread

lets see the outcome

btw don will you please delete your quoted post please its damm ugly and hummilative

Sorry jeorge

good night

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by geektech View Post
The only way i think it going to work, is, to have a GM who can interact and deal with BoD on the issues on TMO and have them done.
Where the bussies BoD member have to meet the least possible and they just have to agree on the solutions, maybe poll or referendums.

The GM has to overlook software developement, maintainance of packages and future of TMO.
You got any idea which "issues" you refer to here? You checked HiFo bylaws if such a GM (whatever that means) would have any chance? You're aware that HiFo never been meant and actually doesn't "overlook software developement, maintainance of packages and future of TMO", it's community (so YOU, and your MCC as proxy) to take care about all that.
SIGH
/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 42 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ culpeper,va.
I was talking about small issues like the one with paypal, I know I can use your account to donate but should be great if that had been fixed promptly; the GM(general manager) it is what you are doing now, many thanks for that you put your best effort at it, solving problems with repos and other stuff.

I read threads where you are very involve, and I know there is a lot of persons here who are very capable of handle task like that too, so you don't get overwhelm at the end.

The software thing, there is a lot of people who need to be guided step by step, also there are other who are pros at coding, so should be nice to have people focus on new ideas and others to help the least techies,
for the good of the community of course.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geektech For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
so here you are, regarding a meeting this week.
>:-( won't happen, plain to see for everybody.

/j
On the basis of what you quoted, I for one do not find it "plain to see" (although you may well be right). In fact, the transition from Jim's communication 2013-06-03 21:46 and Woody's 2013-06-03 22:00 is incomprehensible. Is something missing?

Jim appears to be identifying a period of availability within what Rob gave (sounds constructive?) and then we read that Woody is confused about Jim being either bored or busy. Huh?

Does anyone understand? Do those quotations serve any purpose other than deepening the confusion of folk like me? I hold no antipathy towards Joerg and Woody, as both are clearly critical glue in our community matrix, but....

Last edited by handaxe; 2013-06-05 at 16:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
I should have anticipated many would probably get this detail wrong, since initially I did too despite I had the full text. Sorry I probably should have given more explanation to it, particularly since I edited/censored and thus crippled the original text.
Woody asked "during traveling, are you bored and happy to join a meeting using your mobile IT, or are you busy and can't join a meeting during that period you stated? I assume you meant you're busy, but I rather ask for clarification"

For now there would be a theoretical window from 12:30 to 14:00 for a meeting on Thursday - only if Jim isn't late on that other thing he quoted, and only if that other thing actually meant "I'm busy during that period". Nevertheless *might* suffice, but I don't see it happen.
ps:just for clarity: no there's nothing missing in between or after that, that I know of. I just shortened first and second quote to keep out unrelated stuff
/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-06-05 at 00:08.

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Deleted as matter settled amicably....

Last edited by handaxe; 2013-06-05 at 07:22. Reason: resolution

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
What about a conference call ??