Active Topics

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Dave whoever you are u just have no idea about hardware

jolla=toys?
Samgsung=ubiqutious??

Damm i bet if everything goes ri8 sony gona take the lead in hardware dept after nokia .
Samgsung just a newbie who was selling scraps a year ago now trying to have dominance?? Huh
they are just good in manufacturing silicon though
pcb point of view

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
@Dave

Oh, for minute there I thought you had something substantial to say, oh well, maybe one day.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Tizen is a burning platform long live sailfishos

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by immi.shk View Post
GOOD NEWS GUY'S
Samsung and Intel have wittily enabled the platform to run Android applications as well. Using a special “Application Compatibility” layer, the Tizen platform, and the first tablet it powers can run virtually any app from the Google Play store.

http://tablet-news.com/2012/05/13/fi...-android-apps/

C H E E R S
Looking at the video and I say Tizen is:

BOOOORING OS

nothing new. Just hype. Seriously just Hype.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
@Dave

Oh, for minute there I thought you had something substantial to say, oh well, maybe one day.
Yeah, maybe, we'll see.

Nice to know that I'm almost tricked you.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

I agree with Dave999 to a point that on hardware specifications Samsung will be able to drive Jolla to the ground with their year old left overs. Quality might be a bit different thing when it comes to Samsung, but their S AMOLED screens, exynos SoC's etc are far more than just pretty brand names.

For me it still comes to the OS and UI, why I really can't get excited about Tizen. Tizen UI looks way too generic with nothing new to bring. I mean we got Android already with by far the largest community around there, amount of software that Jolla or Tizen can never achieve. I would just buy HTC One at that point, rather than Tizen phone.

Jolla on hardware brought something that is behind its time. For the first device it's something I expected and I hope they can improve with their next one. China being their main market, Chinese like their phones gadgety with high end specification lists.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Actually, I think Tizen can be nice. Everything new that takes attention from iOS and Android is great. The question is what Samsung bringing to the table. What reasons do they give out to by tizen? It will be very interesting to see.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Can tizen handle android applications?

Tizen store will be launched soon but it will be very tiny store at launch.

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-05-27 at 20:11.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Dave, we're waiting for you to dig-up up all the latest developments/info. & post it here...
You do after all have considerably higher expectations than you do for Sailfish[Jolla], but so far the content here (or lack thereof) doesn't reflect that.

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-05-27 at 23:14. Reason: typo

Tags
clunky, death rules, mike_tizen, titzen, tizen == kebab, tizen rules, tizen_day, tjamtjung, yet still sucks, zen and tizen