Poll: Did you pre-order?
Poll Options
Did you pre-order?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by chemist View Post
Poll added - posts cleaned a bit.
Note that there is another poll here
Do moderators admins have the right to add polls when ever day want to threads? I think its better if they start their own threads if they need any info.

OC they have the rights but should they?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-05-25 at 15:41.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I am curious how many people did sign up for their preorder campaign. It can potentially tell a lot about their likely success.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by xanderx View Post
I posted this on "Will you buy Jolla phone?" thread. But then I remembered about this thread, so here it goes:
Dudes, I don't know whether this was already commented, but the description for pre-orders at http://join.jolla.com has changed. Especially for 100€ choice, there is NO MENTION of the OH, except in the title (I think they have not changed, but they will). Maybe the limited time period already expired? I wonder if Dave got his pre-order placed.
@jollahq has posted on twitter today that there will be small news next week.

I really WANT to preorder... but the 100€ won't let me (United States) and really if you think about it, the 100€ already pays for 100€, so while you're taking a bigger risk of wasted money, you get more for it in the end. Basically you'll be paying 439€ for the phone if you preorder the 40€.

The other problem is that they still haven't stated it'll even work with US carriers (I'm using T-Mobile).

So I could get a really cool, only partially useful device.

So there really should be more specs, namely SIM slot size, supported frequencies, and they need to extend the country availability (though I understand why they don't). I would go for the no-cost preorder, except I kind of want the Limited Edition one

slaapliedje
I have figured out the reason 'smartphones' were invented. They are for reading the internet while pooping. This means the best smartphone ever created is the N9. It is the only one that works so well single-handed.

The Following User Says Thank You to slaapliedje For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xanderx View Post
I posted this on "Will you buy Jolla phone?" thread. But then I remembered about this thread, so here it goes:
Dudes, I don't know whether this was already commented, but the description for pre-orders at http://join.jolla.com has changed. Especially for 100€ choice, there is NO MENTION of the OH, except in the title (I think they have not changed, but they will). Maybe the limited time period already expired? I wonder if Dave got his pre-order placed.
On my reciept from the 20.5. pre-order it says "Limited ed. Jolla preorder number + Other Half". I wonder if that "+ Other Half" changed with pre-orders placed now.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
I am curious how many people did sign up for their preorder campaign. It can potentially tell a lot about their likely success.
Well, they did mention that there was a "huge demand" on these devices. The pre-orders went much better than expected, until http://join.jolla.com/ was down. And then it went back up, the pre-orders continued I believe in their success.

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I'm not sure I ever will be a phone smaller than 5 inch again. They are superior. Next time I'm buying a smaller screen it will be a disc phone clock.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by RX-51 View Post
On my reciept from the 20.5. pre-order it says "Limited ed. Jolla preorder number + Other Half". I wonder if that "+ Other Half" changed with pre-orders placed now.
I was afraid so, but it hasn't changed yet (as of yesterday). It's still the same, however, I think they'll change it soon.

Or maybe the offer hasn't changed either, but they realized the original description looked like they're gonna give away a hw keyboard OH or similar, instead of a special colored cover they planned...

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I'm not sure I ever will be a phone smaller than 5 inch again. They are superior. Next time I'm buying a smaller screen it will be a disc phone clock.
I don't think you'll be a phone either. If you'd be a computing device I'd bet at least an IBM mainframe...

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
@JollaHQ: Due to demand, we're opening up the 100€ package to all EU countries, Switzerland & Norway. Join now if you haven't! https://t.co/6w5yvAIHWO

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to myname24 For This Useful Post:

Tags
bespoke phone, jolla, keyboard phone, or nothing, pandora phone