Notices

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Devon, England
Sorry if this is a stupid question and/or has been answered (couldn't find anything on it)...

If you nest, say, one of Billboard's pre-existing scripts inside a Python script, for example your
Code:
{script:python /home/user/mybattery.py {battery}}
would this update every time {battery} would, or every time mybattery.py would?

does your app have any control over brightness of the lps.
thanks

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Eztran View Post
Sorry if this is a stupid question and/or has been answered (couldn't find anything on it)...

If you nest, say, one of Billboard's pre-existing scripts inside a Python script, for example your
Code:
{script:python /home/user/mybattery.py {battery}}
would this update every time {battery} would, or every time mybattery.py would?
That's actually a very good question It will update every time {battery} is updated, so you could even go as far as adding some {} expression as "trigger" to a command without actually showing the result of the expression. "Run this script whenever the battery changes" is now also possible (same for all other fields).

Billboard never watches files at the moment, so when the file mybattery.py changes, the text will not be updated (but it will be updated every half hour - every hour depending on heartbeat; it's a system-aligned timer to save battery).

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by rswelter View Post
does your app have any control over brightness of the lps.
No, not right now. Is there a way to adjust the brightness of the low-power screen in general? If so, I'd be happy to add that. Other than that, the only way to adjust the "brightness" is to "dither to black" bright / colored areas to make them appear darker from far. However, this will make small text and thin lines less readable.

If you are worrying about it being too bright at night, I've heard that some people use it in combination with ProfileMatic to disable billboard during night so the additional text of Billboard won't make the display too bright.

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Devon, England
Originally Posted by thp View Post
It will update every time {battery} is updated, so you could even go as far as adding some {} expression as "trigger" to a command without actually showing the result of the expression. "Run this script whenever the battery changes" is now also possible (same for all other fields).
Awesome - even more powerful customisation!

After installed, the Charging indicator push contents of BB to the bottom, sorry if I miss reading solution for this issue, pls help me,tks

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2013 @ Karachi
Can AnyOne TeLl Me...??? How To SeT an ImaGe On LPS usIng BillBoarD...???

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by mikal2100 View Post
Can AnyOne TeLl Me...??? How To SeT an ImaGe On LPS usIng BillBoarD...???
Did you read the "Help/About" page of Billboard? It clearly says:
Code:
<</path/to/image.png>> for a normal image
<</path/to/image.png#>> for an image with dithering
Btw, you may want to get that keyboard of yours checked

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Yep, but problem with latest version it resize the original image to the smaller one I downgraded to 1.1.8..