Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by dipen_sanghavi View Post
Scorpius,

Just wanted to highlight that URL problem still persists. Someone sent me a URL which has '%' symbol in it. The URL was showing the hyperlink only upto that % symbol & breaks after that.
Fixed that in 0.0.32. Also fixed https:// URLs that weren't being recognized.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 288 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
If you people are worried about WhatsApp not renewing another year for free I'll try to make Yappari 0.0.32 spoof a Nokia again, but remember, WhatsApp is already charging for Windows Phone, iPhone and Android: in weeks they'll be charging for Nokias too, so it's kinda pointless.
Can you add a feature where we can check our status (ie. when whatsapp will expire and need us to pay to renew?) Just a URL link to the browser.

Originally Posted by ajack View Post
Can you add a feature where we can check our status (ie. when whatsapp will expire and need us to pay to renew?) Just a URL link to the browser.
There will be an Account Info option in the menu where you can see in a window the status of your account and also there will be a pay button.

Also there will be a Network Usage option in the menu where you can see data counters and realize how much of your data plan you waste on messages, images, videos, audios and profile pictures.

There's also a new setting called "Synchronization Frequency" where you can change how often the address book synchronization is done. Options are "on connect" (like it is right now), "once a week" (new default), and "once a month".

If you go to the profile page of a contact, that contact's information will be synchronized in that moment so you don't really need synchronization every day.

Also I'm making some new optimizations in the synchronization. As usual coding for a phone is totally different from coding for a PC. It seems the emmc access is really slow and that's why synchronization takes too long. Now I'm only updating contacts that had some change to avoid DB transactions, and I'm really hoping it increases the synchronization speed (I haven't tested it on the phone yet though).

There'll be more features in 0.0.32. It'll be a big update.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
you should add this to your first post and also in the application basic info section
Minimum requirements:
Unlimited internet data plan recommended

Originally Posted by knarf View Post
you should add this to your first post and also in the application basic info section
Why? Yappari doesn't really consume my data plan.

Maybe people love to send/receive multimedia, I just text with it.

Anyway with the data counters you can see how you're spending your data plan.

In other news this is how the Account Info window looks like:

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Scorpious, well done man! please i tried to upgrade to yappari 0.31 but got a report that it was unable to update. thanks

Originally Posted by Adethewura View Post
Scorpious, well done man! please i tried to upgrade to yappari 0.31 but got a report that it was unable to update. thanks
How did you try to upgrade it? dpkg -i? HAM? FAM?

Also is there something you can show me to see the error?

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
How did you try to upgrade it? dpkg -i? HAM? FAM?

Also is there something you can show me to see the error?
i attempted to install it via app. manager. it indicated 'installin' but later showed a dialogue box 'unable to update yappari'. i did upgrade frm version 0.29 to 0.30 with no problem. and is dia anything dat is in version 0.31 dat is nt in d previous version? like seeing Profile pictures etc. and pls. i am a novice in this. i dnt understand d dpkg, HAM etc
thanks as usual

i attempted to install it via app. manager. it indicated 'installin' but later showed a dialogue box 'unable to update yappari'. i did upgrade frm version 0.29 to 0.30 with no problem. and is dia anything dat is in version 0.31 dat is nt in d previous version? like seeing Profile pictures etc. and pls. i am a novice in this. i dnt understand d dpkg, HAM etc
thanks as usual
You probably did this but, have you tired removing yappari, restarting device then download via the direct link ?

thanks as usual
There are no differences between 0.0.30 and 0.0.31 except the registration.

But if you want to try again you should try from the terminal:
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install yappari
And then paste here the output of the last command.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp