Notices

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
nice job!

ps: i don't know...but maybe QtDeclarative is provided by packages like libqtm-11-declarative or libqtm-12-declarative ? it comes with CSSU ?

The Following User Says Thank You to gianko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 215 | Thanked: 448 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Burgas, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by gianko View Post
nice job!

ps: i don't know...but maybe QtDeclarative is provided by packages like libqtm-11-declarative or libqtm-12-declarative ? it comes with CSSU ?
I tried them too but still without success, It's more like cmake is searching for Qt Declarative headers in a different directory than they are

The Following User Says Thank You to tanago For This Useful Post:
the navit-gui-qml package installed from rdorsch repo depends on libqt4-core libqt4-declarative libqt4-dbus libqt4-gui libqt4-xml i dont know if this helps

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gianko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gianko View Post
the navit-gui-qml package installed from rdorsch repo depends on libqt4-core libqt4-declarative libqt4-dbus libqt4-gui libqt4-xml i dont know if this helps
Means that when I already have Qt Declarative => cmake is looking at the wrong directory

The Following User Says Thank You to tanago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Question (don't have time to read the thread history to find answers, if they exist, sorry): Why cmake and not autotools? And does using cmake to do it make it any less doable for you or whoever follows in your footsteps to package the .deb into the repos using autobuilder (as opposed to manual package upload)?

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Question (don't have time to read the thread history to find answers, if they exist, sorry): Why cmake and not autotools? And does using cmake to do it make it any less doable for you or whoever follows in your footsteps to package the .deb into the repos using autobuilder (as opposed to manual package upload)?
I will answer your question
1. For a long time, building with cmake produced many errors, thats why it was preferred to build with autotools
2. It still produces many errors mainly because cmake is searching for headers in different directories. Today I managed to fix all those paths except one, described at the beggining of this page.
3. dpkg-buildpackage scripts inside 'debian' folder use autotools and compiles the source code with it. Today I workaround-ed that with the following commands
Code:
cmake /path/to/sources
make
dpkg-buildpackage -b -nc
i had to specify -nc because dpkg will 'make clean' and will compile with autotools again. So anybody who is expert at making "debian" dirs is welcomed to help us switch to cmake entirely

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tanago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by tanago View Post
i had to specify -nc because dpkg will 'make clean' and will compile with autotools again. So anybody who is expert at making "debian" dirs is welcomed to help us switch to cmake entirely
Let's try to take inspiration from keepassx package:

http://merlin1991.at/~luf/keepassx/s...3maemo2.tar.gz

You can also find original version in extras-devel or testing (I took inspiration there - keepassx_0.4.3-1).

I hope it can help you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luf For This Useful Post:
if can help, i found this (maybe old) tutorial for maemo compiling on Scratchbox, with some configure options

http://wiki.navit-project.org/index....ox_development

The Following User Says Thank You to gianko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 101 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Stuttgart, Germany
Most people might have seen it already, I updated navit on bokomoko.de. From the upstream changelog it seems that street search and house number search saw a lot of changes. It did not work very well in the new version though. If I see a version, whose street search works better for me, I will upload another update. In any case maps need to be updated for that.

Rainer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rdorsch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rdorsch View Post
Most people might have seen it already, I updated navit on bokomoko.de. From the upstream changelog it seems that street search and house number search saw a lot of changes. It did not work very well in the new version though. If I see a version, whose street search works better for me, I will upload another update. In any case maps need to be updated for that.

Rainer
Thanks again for your effort! So I will stay at version 5427 until further notice, because I really need the street-search-function.

But what I don't understand is why maps need to be updated for the new search function?

Have a nice weekend!

CU Michael

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to magic_doc For This Useful Post:

Tags
navigation, navit, nokia n900, openstreetmap