Active Topics

Originally Posted by Odin View Post
No, what I want is the whole phone up there, in the ear--something like Lt. Uhura's communicator. It would also have BT to link to a larger device (like the 770) for DUN, contact lists, etc. or to allow you to listen to music, etc., but it would be independent and able to call with voice commands.
Dude, the research done into the emitted radiation so far suggests that it's relatively harmless, but medical science definitely hasn't said the last word on that yet; many longer-term studies are still ongoing. In the meantime I'd be wary of actually shoving a phone into my ear.

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Originally Posted by james.bottomtooth View Post
did they ever sell these?
Since I'm in Germany, I don't know.

But, I did hope that they'd release a qwerty version (instead of qwertz), and these days they'd need to update it to 3G.

What might be interesting is, since it has bluetooth and wifi, seeing if you could use it as a companion for the N800/N810.

1) use the wifi as an access point, for tethering your N800/N810
2) if it does bluetooth-dun, use hat for tethering your N800/N810 instead
3) if it has the right bluetooth profiles, using its keyboard as the keyboard for your N800.

Seeing an updated version, maybe with more screen real-estate and, HSPA, the above communication profiles, and memory expandability might be interesting.

Originally Posted by johnkzin View Post
Since I'm in Germany, I don't know.

But, I did hope that they'd release a qwerty version (instead of qwertz), and these days they'd need to update it to 3G.
Really? I thought the German keyboards used the qwertz layout. I've tried that layout on a regular keyboard and it is a lot easier typing umlauts instead of using the alt+# combos. Or is everything you type in English?

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
er... sorry. My bad. I meant to say "since I'm NOT in Germany". (makes more sense when you consider that it's a german phone company)

Thus my pref. for qwerty over qwertz.

Originally Posted by james.bottomtooth View Post
did they ever sell these?
Ask them: http://road.de