Active Topics

This is a thread for keeping track of what software comes with the N900, and whether the CSSU makes it FLOSS (Free-Libre Open Source Software), or it comes installed as FLOSS. I couldn't find a concise thread outlining this, so here we go, I'm not sure about too many of these, but these are the ones I could find on the wiki. The two sources I used were

bookmark-manager PROPRIETARY
browser-mozilla (browser engine) FLOSS
browser-ui PROPRIETARY
calculator PROPRIETARY
Calendar PROPRIETARY
camera-ui FLOSS
email PROPRIETARY
maemoblocks FLOSS
games PROPRIETARY
mediaplayer PROPRIETARY
pdf-viewer FLOSS
rss-news-reader PROPRIETARY
Sharing PROPRIETARY
sketch PROPRIETARY

This is to be updated. Any information on things that have been changed, or things that are important that I haven't mentioned is appreciated. The list moving forward assumes that the user has the latest firmware and the latest CSSU. This is likely to be extremely inaccurate right now, and as of right now, the information is how maemo was at pr 1.1 (except for camera-ui, which became Open-Source in the CSSU and was easy to find because it says so in the changelog). This list is as I said before, outdated, and not complete yet, I will work hard to update this list, but I also need your help. If there's something out-of-date, and you have a correction, please respond with a source, although it is not necessary, it is preferred so that I don't have to search around for the source, as I will be citing my sources.

The two sources I used were this for PR 1.1 and this for camera-ui.

Last edited by rambomedic; 2013-04-27 at 18:45.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rambomedic For This Useful Post:
Posting here for space, in case the list/information becomes too large.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
There's a list of closed packages (and details of FOSS replacements) here: http://wiki.maemo.org/Fremantle_closed_packages

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
There's a list of closed packages (and details of FOSS replacements) here: http://wiki.maemo.org/Fremantle_closed_packages
Okay, I have a question, do you know if those with "FLOSS Replacements" have been implemented in CSSU?

Please delete this thread.

Tags
floss, maemo, open-source