Posts: 82 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ New Mexico, USA
Hmm... Mute button or VOIP call termination? The mystery lingers.... A Google search for data on the Nokia HS-48 (this is the model that came with my N800 also) seems unhelpful. Meanwhile, Nokia mentions the HS-48 in a number of places on its websites but apparently neglected to offer specs and functionality info anywhere. Anybody in Helsinki know the answers? Hello Finland.... Come in, Finland....

Does anyone else's ear phones have a MUCH longer right bud than the left. I'm talking at least a foot!

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Detroit, MI
Does anyone else's ear phones have a MUCH longer right bud than the left. I'm talking at least a foot!
Mine have the same thing. Im guessing its part of the design.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by brownie View Post
Yes. It's a feature.

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Detroit, MI
Yeah, its something to do with the placement of the microphone when your ear buds are in your ears or something like that.

Originally Posted by brownie View Post
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
Yes. It's a feature.
Especially useful since my right ear always seems to fall off!

The type of design is common on modern (in)earphones. Good for wraping behind the head, or sharing, etc.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
I don't know if this will help but if you plug the earphones into a PC, the sound is muffled until you hit the button. I've had to take the clip and force the button down so I'm not forced to keep pressing it.

Edit:
I was doing some testing with the N800 and I've noticed that when you press the button during an internet call it hangs up.
If the screen is blank (low power mode) and you press the button it wakes up the device.

Last edited by tbrminsanity; 2008-06-12 at 19:09.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Link is broken.

You could probably get at it through here, then... I must have had a cache here.

http://www.omtp.org/Publications.aspx