Notices

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by DfLo1913 View Post
Ive been trying to download but its keeps saying incompatible package. Any help on why I cant download? Thanks
Download or install?

I normally download to uSD and then dpkg -i /media/mmc/foo_armel.deb

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Texas
When I trying to install it thats when I get the message. Ill try your way. Thanks

Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Download or install?

I normally download to uSD and then dpkg -i /media/mmc/foo_armel.deb

The Following User Says Thank You to DfLo1913 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Don't try to install using file explorer and HAM - use dpkg at the terminal.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Texas
Alright. In terminal, would I put dpkg and the file name right? Thanks

Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Don't try to install using file explorer and HAM - use dpkg at the terminal.

The Following User Says Thank You to DfLo1913 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Code:
dpkg -i <filename.deb>

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Hi Ade, long time since my last bug report isn`t it (long time without talk.maemo actually)?
So here it is: running clock-ui 0.6-7 with date support thumb version@latest CSSU thumb.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create new alarm (any title, any hour), make it repeatable at mon, tue, wed, thu, fri. Save it.
2. Now disable it, by clicking tick mark: repeat settings are gone, alarm hour is changed to current time - both should stay unchanged. Now You can put and clear tick mark on and on again and hour alarm is not changing to current time (as it should).
3. Sometimes, when deactivating repeatable alarm (point 2) all is fine (alarm hour and mon, tue, wed, thu, fri settings stays) BUT on reactivating it few days later crazy s h i t is happening: alarm starts immediately and couldn`t be shut off. That small GUI window at the bottom of the screen with two buttons "snooze" and "stop"(?) doesn`t work (You click it, window is gone but alarm sound is playing). Only restart helps.
4. Point 3 situation is rare.

Happy&successful hunting

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to artpra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
artpra,

It's language related. Dutch and English act fine. But I can indeed reproduce it using Polish language/settings.

I was not planning to put more effort in this project, but fixing (real) bugs could be the exception.

Don't know if it will be addressed by me on very short notice.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
I thought I had reproduced some kind of alarm repeat lost, but now I am in doubt, because I can't reproduce it anymore.

If someone can give me a clear and repeatable scenario with related device/country settings I will have another look at it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pali View Post
@ade: I was not able to contact you on IRC... What is state of clock-ui? Ready for cssu-devel?
Let's put a reply in the appropriate thread (and not the backupmenu one)...

I dunno if the clock replacement is ready for cssu-devel. Are you using it to full satisfaction? At least here is one happy/heavy clock replacement user. But I may be a bit bias as a portrait locked device users and co-coder . And there are some small differences with the stock clock as described in the wiki (http://wiki.maemo.org/Clock_replacement)

Fact is I am quite disappointed on how the whole earlier intended cssu integration evolved. As a matter of fact, you are the only one who eventually did assisted me with the package build and some optimizations.

I am certainly not waiting for a recurrence of events. Based on this experience, I am not really interested in spending more time on this cssu adoption . But don't let it stop you from putting it in cssu or do other great things for this device.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,238 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
installed it yesterday. and its stable. it show seconds in clock app which is nice. and i think it is stable enough to put in CSSU Devel.

Tags
clock-ui, replacement, worldclock