Active Topics

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 472 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Im going to Australia to start my studies in two weeks and I have bought the Nokia n800 to have as an aid in my studies aswell as a personal information manager.

I have had my N800 since November and first I propped it full with apps just to test them out and see what is good and what is not. And I must say I have found mostly unfinished not so good ones but I might have missed some essentials.

I just flashed it to get a new fresh start and load it with the good stuff,

ATM my list is not very long but

- MaemoMapper with a download map of brisbane and the surroding area (as brisbane is where I am about to study)

- GPE Calender and to-do (they are not very good but OK now when the new catagory bug is solved)

- MaemoPad for notes. Havent used it yet as a real aid but I think it will be great on lectures etc etc.

- FBReader for manuals and books.

What else could be of good use for me? I would like a dictonary for Swedish to English translations nad it would also be great with som money converter software and unit (kilos to pounds, cm to inches, liters to oz......). The dict thing in the application manager seems to be a terminal only app right? (cause there seems to be very good dictonaries for use with that but the terminal is not very user friendly) or am I missing something with the dict app?

Any suggestions and such will be very much appreciated.

Last edited by claesbas; 2008-01-24 at 13:38. Reason: spell check

If you want a dictionary, I use Sdict. It works perfectly for many different languages and even other articles (encyclopedia/wikipedia). You can download the .deb and dictionaries here: http://sdictviewer.sourceforge.net/

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 472 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Originally Posted by bartsimpson123844 View Post
http://sdictviewer.sourceforge.net/
Great! Downloaded Wikipedia and a Swedish - English variant. Works really great. Thank you!

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
NoteCase is a good note organizer, for hierarchical notes. Maemopad+ is what you want, I think, because it gives you the option of scribbling notes when you're in a hurry. Xournal is also good for that purpose, but Xournal isn't working for me in OS2008.

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 149 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Finland
If you're going to do a lot of writing, get a bluetooth keyboard. IGo Ultra-Slim is a good choice at that.