Hello, not sure if this will be a CSSU-thumb issue, but as that's what I've got loaded, thought is best to start here.

I'm gettig an almost reproducible crash when I open the keyboard while certain actions are underway. By crash, I mean the device powers off. On start-up, iIt knows it crashed (it tells me), so I was wondering if there's any extra info. I can dig out anywhere?

I'm not totally sure what it is, so I can't reproduce at will, but it seems to happen if focus is being set to a text field at the same time - it does seem to be a timing issue.

It's happened with the built-in SMS app, MicroB and built-in Notes.

I've had a look back through this thread and not found anything, but at >140 pages I could have missed something. I've done a refresh and seem to be at the latest version of everything.

Anything I can do to debug?

Have you tried tightening contact pins of your battery (using a needle, for example)? When they get loose, it *very often* results in shutdowns, during slide-out or slide-in of screen. Once, long time ago (when dinosaurs walked on earth, and mercilessly hunted whatsap users, I almost did reflash due to this, suspecting software issue.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2013-04-07 at 00:17.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Once, when dinosaurs walked on earth, and mercilessly hunted whatsap users, I almost did reflash due to this, suspecng software issue.

/Estel
What you smoking?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Athens
Yo guys! I have a brand new n900 on my hands, in my other n900 i had cssu-testing installed and i was quite happy with the functionality of the device. Is thumb2 much better or should i stick to cssu-testing? Thank you for your time..

The Following User Says Thank You to koznj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by koznj View Post
Yo guys! I have a brand new n900 on my hands, in my other n900 i had cssu-testing installed and i was quite happy with the functionality of the device. Is thumb2 much better or should i stick to cssu-testing? Thank you for your time..
Let me answer with a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-sZxySjSTc (I couldn't help myself, I always see this scene when I read or hear "much better")

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Have you tried tightening contact pins of your battery (using a needle, for example)? When they get loose, it *very often* results in shutdowns, during slide-out or slide-in of screen. Once, long time ago (when dinosaurs walked on earth, and mercilessly hunted whatsap users, I almost did reflash due to this, suspecting software issue.

/Estel
Got to be worth a try. I have two batteries and am not sure if it happens more with one than the other. Will traxk that now. Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to skanky For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
New update is out, see first post for details

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
version number in first post is same as last.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
how to replace omap1 kernel in u-boot with cssu kernel , that's the right question

The Following User Says Thank You to Alecsandru For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
New update is out, see first post for details
It seems that you are finally deviating from CSSU Testing with newer packages.

Is it due to the problems in CSSU repository? or do you plan to make further improvements in this de-facto fork? (world clock replacement at last?)

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life