Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Those scripts are executed 2-5 minutes after startup, give it some time and see if it works then.

Also shouldn't be executing it as root?
So my script may work well but I didn't wait to see . Anyway I need some script that loads before opptimizer because changing freq and voltage too fast with SR2 on make my system crash .

yes , I've tried with -u root too but same result .

Is there no way to run a script immediately on startup, i e without the 2-5 minute wait?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by solbrit View Post
Is there no way to run a script immediately on startup, i e without the 2-5 minute wait?
adding the .conf to /etc/init/ instead with signing of refhashlist might do it i think...

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
adding the .conf to /etc/init/ instead with signing of refhashlist might do it i think...
by simply running 'perl refhashlist.pl' right? I'll give it a try. Thanks!

Adding anything to /etc/init/ will cause an immediate reboot.
'perl refhashlist.pl' doesn't work either so I guess I'm doing this all wrong...

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by solbrit View Post
Adding anything to /etc/init/ will cause an immediate reboot.
That might happen if you use things that rely on other things not yet initialized. Although a more likely outcome is that it simply won't do anything. Try experimenting with the order of execution. /etc/event.d is also a good place but the scripts there have to adhere to a strict format otherwise they won't run. Look at some existing ones (as well as a copious use of Google) for an inspiration.

Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
This is probably not the best solution, but if you are in patched open mode then you can add your commands to /etc/init.d/rcS.

In protected mode using inception you'd need to update refhashlist or aegis will lock the file and malf your phone so I don't recommend trying that unless you know what you are doing.

Also if you are in patched open mode you might investigate doing your own startup script in /etc/init.d (i suppose it's not allowed in normal mode, correct me if I'm wrong.)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladoga For This Useful Post: