Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
Dailymotion search, it always says no videos found, whatever you search for. Accesing it by categories works, so playback is fixed now
A logical error in checking the language filter. Fixed in version 1.6.1.

Package for version 1.6.1 can be obtained from http://ubuntuone.com/2hpizfn2ZDxpQNwXDaVIq9

My website

GitHub

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
I remember the comments on here last time xtube disappeared. didn't use it but for those who did, what was the reason?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
I remember the comments on here last time xtube disappeared. didn't use it but for those who did, what was the reason?
The reason is to simplify code maintenance. I don't have enough time to maintain features that I consider low-priority.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Version 1.7.0 for Maemo5 is now available from extras-devel. Changelog:

New features:
  • Added full Vimeo support.

My website

GitHub

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
The reason is to simplify code maintenance. I don't have enough time to maintain features that I consider low-priority.
Fair enough, might be worth mentioning this on the extras-devel page somewhere as the 1.6 changes are not listed there from what I can tell.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Meran, Italy

New features:
Thanks marxian for your wonderful work!

However I downloaded the last version from extras-devel and I have a problem with the media player: I set KMPlayer as the default player and cuteTube hangs when I try to see a video. I can only stop the player with the power button, but then cuteTube shows me only the "buffering" system modal dialog box and no other actions on the GUI are possible. Only the reboot is possible with the power button..

Thanks again

pkz

The Following User Says Thank You to pkz For This Useful Post:

New features:
So I'm guessing the QML version shouldn't be too far behind?

Originally Posted by pkz View Post
Thanks marxian for your wonderful work!

However I downloaded the last version from extras-devel and I have a problem with the media player: I set KMPlayer as the default player and cuteTube hangs when I try to see a video. I can only stop the player with the power button, but then cuteTube shows me only the "buffering" system modal dialog box and no other actions on the GUI are possible. Only the reboot is possible with the power button..

Thanks again

pkz
The error is that the progress dialog is not dismissed when the video URL has been retrieved. Since it's a modal dialog, it cannot be dismissed by the user. I have fixed the error and will submit the update to the autobuilder shortly.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
BTW, any reason, why this dialog must be modal? Couldn't it be normal, cancelable one, that, upon dismissing, would cancel current operation?

I've other bug to report - but, this one haven't appeared in last version, it's present for some time. When traversing into videos tree (for example, entering video -> related -> other videos, their related, etc) and watching a video through cutetube player only first playback works ok.

Then, if cancelled (by back arrow), video stops OK, but next one is borked - sound goes "twice", echoing itself one or more times, and videos seems to appear and disappear on itself, too (maybe it's also played twice). Only one way to fix it, is gong back into main menu, or reversing back through video's tree many "hoops".

It isn't 100% reproducible on 2nd video, sometimes it happens at 3th or 4th playback - but, generally, if you watch few videos cancelling them, you will get hit by this bug for sure. I've tested it only with dailymotion, mind you.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
BTW, any reason, why this dialog must be modal? Couldn't it be normal, cancelable one, that, upon dismissing, would cancel current operation?
I'm planning to implement it that way in future.

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I've other bug to report - but, this one haven't appeared in last version, it's present for some time. When traversing into videos tree (for example, entering video -> related -> other videos, their related, etc) and watching a video through cutetube player only first playback works ok.

Then, if cancelled (by back arrow), video stops OK, but next one is borked - sound goes "twice", echoing itself one or more times, and videos seems to appear and disappear on itself, too (maybe it's also played twice). Only one way to fix it, is gong back into main menu, or reversing back through video's tree many "hoops".

It isn't 100% reproducible on 2nd video, sometimes it happens at 3th or 4th playback - but, generally, if you watch few videos cancelling them, you will get hit by this bug for sure. I've tested it only with dailymotion, mind you.

/Estel
My experience is that the error occurs only when the video is played until the end. If cancelled using the back arrow, it doesn't occur for me. Also, the error only occurs when streaming videos. Local videos always play correctly. It seems to be a problem with QtMultimediaKit. I have tried one or two things, but so far I haven't been able to fix it. Popping a second window off the stack solves it, so it appears that Qt keeps the last popped window in memory, and only deletes it when an additional window is popped from the stack.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:

Tags
youtube