Active Topics

I bought a stowaway bt keyboard for 99 bucks, got home and realized its the stowaway bluetooth keyboard for blackberry's, guess I got too excited to notice it... any possibility this can work easily? I cant seem to get it to work, any suggestions or help is appreciated!

where did you buy it? if it was from a local shop, return it and get your money back.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK

Not going to say impossible, very few things are impossible with Linux and a determined geek. But very hard. Your problem is the Blackberry bluetooth is not based on the BT HID profile. I think it is based on the SPP profile but I could be wrong.

So basically you would have to figure out the blackberry interface and then build a Linux driver. If it is the spp profile it would not be too hard but certainly not worth the $30 price difference for a real stowaway keyboard (I saw them at Fry's for $129.).

Shameless plug:
If you want real geek street cred, check out my company's product: www.frogpad.com. A one handed BT keyboard that works very well with the 770. See the accessories section for my review.
David