Notices

pycage> I do not quite follow you. My point was that none of UTF-8/16 tags work. v2.4 tags are not displayed at all, but v2.3 UTF-16 tags are displayed as garbage ASCII characters.

What happens, is that unicode characters have their upper byte cut, I guess in a way of conversion to 8-bit string, so Canola display string taking just lower bytes from every unicode character. For example, if ID3 tag contains 044e character, it will be displayed as just 4e. I guess, the issue is somewhere in id3lib, because OS2008 has the same bug.

If the issue is in id3lib, there are a lot of fixes in Internet. Just google "id3lib unicode" and you will find a lot of different patches and negative statements about unicode support in id3lib.

Dear Conola team, dear Maemo community - I really lost my hope getting Russian id3 tags in any of the media players on my n800. Starting from built-in and ending with Canola the diagnosis is the same - cyrillic file names are fine -and tags are screwed.
Pls, pls, help.
regard,
kbovs

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Kbovs :

We are searching for a commercial / free font.. that fits our needs and have the full support to other languages and also retesting the libraries to see if they are ok with the unicode / etc.. Once we do that at last from chinook I believe you will be able. I placed this in the next release, I know it sucks to read that... but we were already searching for a solution to this : / not only for you but for all non latin users ...

BR

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

Hello,
thanks for reply. Good news for me - i found Kagu works with russian after converting all my itunes library to id3 v2.3 or v2.4 .So kagu fully supports it. So it would make sense contact kagu team to get details
regards,
Konstantin

For us, we just need the font.

As we are a small company we need to make sure the font is not "against" anyone's IP and so on.. the code part is ready =) just we (design team) need to find the font that serves the job =)

The Following User Says Thank You to handful For This Useful Post:
i have some mp3 files that have russian tags and they're displayed in Canola correctly, but in my case Canola doesn't play any files with russian filenames or tags. Canola1 played them well.

mrtn : do you use BORA?
If so there's a known issue about this one. Bora has an OLD dbus that doesn't support non latin chars on the file names.. and thus doesn't play.. so.. for BORA this is beyond our ability..and Nokia fixed it.. but already on chinook,

If you're not playing on chinook let me know.., but we are fighting for this support anyways =)

BR

handful, forgot to say, my device is 770 (Gregale).
BTW default player plays these files.