Active Topics

Notices

as you said before , still we need to run the application in bg or fg to get feeds on home screen right?

Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 6030 -> Nokia N95 -> Nokia X6 -> Nokia N900 -> Nokia N9 -> Nokia Lumia 1520

Posts: 747 | Thanked: 2,370 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Moscow, Russia
Yes. If nelisquare does not running, either bg or fg, no updates on feed are performed

The Following User Says Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post
is the icon bug still present?
yes, icon bug is still on the list.
create a desktop shortcut, icon will be shown as expected.

Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post
but no solution for the menu shortcut?
currently - no, icon is there, and path is correct, still doesnt shows up i really try to fix it at next beta

any chance to get feeds on homescreen without UI showing fg or bg? (like meegosquare?)

Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 6030 -> Nokia N95 -> Nokia X6 -> Nokia N900 -> Nokia N9 -> Nokia Lumia 1520

Originally Posted by praveenchand View Post
any chance to get feeds on homescreen without UI showing fg or bg? (like meegosquare?)
ofcourse even more - we will have real-time push notifications about 4sq notifications (ye, its a pun I know) and about your friends activity (for those friends, which you have selected at settings).

another option will be disable push, and enable strong background, like wazzap does: it is running, but have no window at bg.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Custodian View Post
ofcourse even more - we will have real-time push notifications about 4sq notifications (ye, its a pun I know) and about your friends activity (for those friends, which you have selected at settings).

another option will be disable push, and enable strong background, like wazzap does: it is running, but have no window at bg.
great!!!!!

N900 users, v0.4.9 alpha/beta build v=201212110113 has been released for you!

short changelog:
  • application icon fixed at menu
  • huge performance boost
  • new awesome toolbars
  • selected settings redraw bug fixed
  • rotation redraw bug fixed, but no rotation lock now available. With closed keyboard app can be rotated (portrait/landscape mode), and with open — only landscape. for now, settings doesnt affect this.
  • may be i have forgot something
  • some new bugs (undiscovered yet)

there is no Hildon Event Feed integration yet - i got some stange bugs while connecting with it via dbus on my device, so i just turned it off for a while.

menus arent implemented yet in that beta, just wait a little bit, and i'll implement them.

Note:
This build is packaged with new dependencies. If you install nelisquare from my server, HAM (Hildon application manager) wont automatically install them from repository.

If you dont want to perform all that gibberish, just wait a few days for stable version and update via repository
And you will be able to use internal updater once again!

If nelisquare doesnt install and complains to missing dependencies - install "qt-components-10-com.meego-compat" package manually:
Code:
apt-get install qt-components-10-com.meego-compat
or click this link: http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...compat.install

shorten version: http://goo.gl/W1MwP
to install package via GUI (it will add extras-devel repository and install all needed deps)

if everything all with alpha is okay - I will push it to extras-devel and extras-testing repositories (as stable version), so all the deps will be installed automatically.

That's all happy testing

Last edited by Custodian; 2012-12-11 at 21:34.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy

short changelog:
  • application icon fixed at menu
  • huge performance boost
  • new awesome toolbars
  • selected settings redraw bug fixed
  • rotation redraw bug fixed, but no rotation lock now available. With closed keyboard app can be rotated (portrait/landscape mode), and with open — only landscape. for now, settings doesnt affect this.
  • may be i have forgot something
  • some new bugs (undiscovered yet)
Thank you for the nice work as usual!
nice to have app icon in the menu finally!
app is smooth, it just crashed the first time i started after installation, but now is working like a charme!
selected settings redraw is now perfect!
the new look and toolbars are beautiful (maybe the icons can be changed? for example a "world icon" for the map instead of the "house icon"? let's vote...)
and rotation redraw...wow...now is incredibly fast

the only problem is that i have to set "Landscape orientation locked" (im using CSSU stable with rotation forced) With "auto-orientation enable" (hildon settings) the landscape/portrait mode is not working properly. But i have this issue also with WebOS games,not only with nelisquare.

there is no Hildon Event Feed integration yet - i got some stange bugs while connecting with it via dbus on my device, so i just turned it off for a while.
Cannot wait for that
btw,what is "Feed at Home screen" settings doing?

menus arent implemented yet in that beta, just wait a little bit, and i'll implement them.
Cannot wait for that also

Note:
This build is packaged with new dependencies. If you install nelisquare from my server, HAM (Hildon application manager) wont automatically install them from repository.

If nelisquare doesnt install and complains to missing dependencies - install "qt-components-10-com.meego-compat" package manually:
Code:
apt-get install qt-components-10-com.meego-compat
installed qt-components-10-com.meego-compat via apt-get

this also install libmaliit1, qt-components-10 and qt-components-base-theme. that's 38,3MB...fortunately not in rootfs

The Following User Says Thank You to gianko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gianko View Post
maybe the icons can be changed? for example a "world icon" for the map instead of the "house icon"? let's vote...
that icon has already been changed will see at next build.
Also some navigation changes will be done, I guess.

the only problem is that i have to set "Landscape orientation locked" (im using CSSU stable with rotation forced) With "auto-orientation enable" (hildon settings) the landscape/portrait mode is not working properly.
i'm working on compatibility within nelisquare for both modes. On my device with standart settings for cssu, all work as expected

btw,what is "Feed at Home screen" settings doing?
It does enable or disable event posting(and callbacking) to device event feed - for meego it is os event feed at home screen, for maemo will be hildon event feed.

this also install libmaliit1, qt-components-10 and qt-components-base-theme. that's 38,3MB...fortunately not in rootfs
you are quite lucky then the list can be bigger, it depends on already installed applications.

Anyway, average downloads size is about 7-8mb and about 45mb at /opt will be used. All that stuff will installed automatically when nelisquare update will be pushed into repos.

Last edited by Custodian; 2012-12-12 at 19:18.

Tags
4sq client, awesomeness, foursquare, social