Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
i read it in wikipedia that wazapp and yappari devteams will unite to make a whatsapp like client for n900.

is this true ??

Scorpius

First of all a big thank you for all your hard work and to be kind enough to share this amazing app with us all

I previously had v0.0.25 installed and could use it without any problems. However, after installing v0.0.26 i cannot sync my contacts. Infact, my yappari contacts list is empty. But whenever someone messages me on yappari, only that person gets added to my yappari contact list.

I've tried "sync now" (with and without deleting roster.db) but nothing happens (I do get the "contacts will be synced in background" msg). My contacts list is still empty, leaving the contacts who messaged me.

I also tried uninstalling v0.0.26 and re-installing v0.0.25...the funny thing is even my v0.0.25 yappari contact list was empty (which was working fine before v0.0.26).

I understand it would be helpful to you if i could send you the log..but the thing is the only logs i can see are chats.db, roster.db and the logs of chats (named as the contact's number) and i do not know which log you require.

Any idea what's wrong ?

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Check in your settings if address book synchronization is enabled.

Is working just fine. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Check in your settings if address book synchronization is enabled.

Yes it is enabled...but the problem still exists...sorry I forgot to mention that in my earlier post

0.26 Working great Scorpius!!!!

Thanks!

From Netherlands, registering went flawless!

Originally Posted by jkm20 View Post
Yes it is enabled...but the problem still exists...sorry I forgot to mention that in my earlier post
Your log is in /home/user/.config/scorpius/yappari.log

Please delete it first, then start Yappari, log in, wait like 10 minutes and then send it to me. Don't send me a 10 MB log.

v.0.0.26 is excellent. No registration problem. Thank you SCORPIUS. but am unable to send picture. hope in ur next version, we'll be able to view people's profile and da number of people in a group chat.

And why are you unable to send pictures when the rest of us can?

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Hi Scorpius,

On my N900, Yappari sometimes eat of all CPU (Conky shows 90% CPU use) which can last ~30 seconds. I thought it was a synchronization problem but this behaviour persist even when I switch off sync. Are you aware of this or what do you need to troubleshoot this? Yappari works without errors (albeit the occasional "freezing" of input and menus) so am not sure what info to give you or that you need. Also, anyone else having this problem?

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp