Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Yemen
Originally Posted by n0idea View Post
Not all apps can to open file from command... but need to try it!

Example for KMPlayer:
  • 1. Try to run from terminal.
    "kmplayer" -> not found
  • 2. Okay, then go to "/usr/share/applications/hildon" and reading ".desktop" file.
    "kmplayer.desktop"
    Exec="/opt/kmplayer/bin/kmplayer"
    It's path to binary - u can run it!
  • 3. Try to run from Hamster.
    "/opt/kmplayer/bin/kmplayer %s" -> it's work - release & happy

"leafpad %s" -> working.
"evince %s" -> working too.

I think it's good feature request - preinstalled examples for applications, OR better - "Open with..." show dialog with list of applications, loaded from .desktop files - choose and auto add name and command with %s param favorites in top - it's really like "Open with...". And for commands other item menu...
Million Thanx my brother .. It's really work perfectly .. I think kmplayer was need the full path as u said .. now the program became usefull with this great feature , so when i need to play video which cannot open with default player and only need kmplayer , all i have to do is just : open with ... no need to open kmplayer and search for that file ..

The Following User Says Thank You to adelalgomai For This Useful Post:
there another problem I just found today ..
I cant share any file with bluetooth ..
when I long press>then :share > bluetooth ... nothing happen ...
is there a problem I have in my case , or the program itself cannot do that ??
sorry for bothering u with questions all time .. but I loved to make this program usefull as-much-as it can be .

Excuse my absence, since the last update I was so busy that I could even hardly find time to sleep, but still I somehow managed to dedicate a few minutes now an then to this project and this is how, with much struggle, Hamster Filer 0.6.2 finally appears. There are no shiny features, but some useful improvements are present:
  • Scrollbar position is restored after selecting a directory from the location bar or performing an operation which causes the file list to be reloaded.
  • Location bar can be shown/hidden without reloading the file list.
  • Some example application entries are created on the first run.
  • Removed all traces of the menu bar of applications window when opening it in application-launching mode.
  • Enabling multi-select clears the selection to prevent selecting an additional item by mistake.
  • Loading indicator is shown when opening a directory.
  • Fixed sharing via Bluetooth.
  • Fixed the location bar scrolling to an outdated button.

Originally Posted by Kossuth View Post
If I am ofline, the folder shows empty, but if I am connected to internet via WLAN I can see the contents. If I'm ofline and go in Hamster Filer to / and then connect, the contents show up after my Skype icon goes green and show I'm online. And yes, I know this sounds like me or my N900 are on some heavy medication, but this is what is happening!
Sounds very strange indeed and I have no idea what's possibly going on, so I'm afraid I can't help you.

Originally Posted by Kossuth View Post
I also found out about new feature, that might have some effect on users. When you visit a folder and come back from it and delete it, it stay still in the "navigation bar" as a box you can choose (if you use that type of bar). If you click on it (I did, accidentally), the software goes black for a while as it loads something, and is momentarily unusable. After that you can resume using the software as you want. I also tried this with your latest version you released six hours ago.
I haven't observed anything like that, but 0.6.2 treats nonexistent files in a more careful way, so it might fix the problem for you.

Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
Noticed a bug: When you use the keyboard to navigate it doesn't highlight the upfolder icon in both grid and list view. The highlight just dissappears.
It's actually half-bug, half-feature. Selection is disabled for the first item so that the parent directory cannot be a subject to file operations. Maybe I'll think of a better solution.

Originally Posted by Joseph9560 View Post
While changing directory, filebox is able to show another directory without flickering screen. Instead of showing blank screen for some milliseconds, it keeps on showing the old directory until new directory view is ready. It feels faster and smoother that way. I hope you got what I am saying.
I have the opposite feeling about that. In FileBox you can't see the moment of refreshing a directory just because its GUI is frozen (try pressing a button when loading a lot of files). Hamster Filer will show an empty list for a moment, but the GUI is responsive for most of the loading time.

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
When one long-press path tabs (tabs, representing directories in path to current one), it got replaced by familiar imputable text field, where we can define path manually, using auto-completion, just like in filebox.

For me (and as I suppose, for many other users), it's more convenient, than clicking on tabs. Could there be an option, to make it *default* way, in which path is presented? Currently, upon every start of hamster, one need to long-press it, as toggle trigger.
Do you remember about Ctrl+L? But if it's still not fast enough, I think I could add such option.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Sorry if Iīm dumb..
I can see images, photos in the file manager have to add some app?
And also I donīt have installe xarchiver is there a way to ad another unzip unrar like in stock FM or in Filebox?
Thank for the app!!

Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
Excuse my absence, since the last update I was so busy that I could even hardly find time to sleep, but still I somehow managed to dedicate a few minutes now an then to this project and this is how, with much struggle, Hamster Filer 0.6.2 finally appears. There are no shiny features, but some useful improvements are present:
  • Scrollbar position is restored after selecting a directory from the location bar or performing an operation which causes the file list to be reloaded.
  • Location bar can be shown/hidden without reloading the file list.
  • Some example application entries are created on the first run.
  • Removed all traces of the menu bar of applications window when opening it in application-launching mode.
  • Enabling multi-select clears the selection to prevent selecting an additional item by mistake.
  • Loading indicator is shown when opening a directory.
  • Fixed the location bar scrolling to an outdated button.
OOh .. thanx a lot my brother .. it's really great work and I appreciate it .. you almost fixed everything I wanted ..
But , is this update ready to install now ??
thanx again .

Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
Do you remember about Ctrl+L? But if it's still not fast enough, I think I could add such option.
Good catch - I forget about it. Yet, it would still be useful, to have possibility of setting it as default way of "handling" directory path. After all, it eliminates ctrl+ L on every startup...

Thanks a lot for your work on this project it's really, really appreciated!

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
This file manager rocks!

Suggestion for 2 very useful features:

1. A "back" button - to return to previous folder/s
2. Save last folder on exit and return to it on next startup

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to impeham For This Useful Post:
I didn't found the new version (0.6.2) .. Mr gidzzz said that this new version is " finally appears " , but when try to upgrade from terminal nothing happen , and when I try to : apt-get install hamsterfiler . it says : hamsterfilers is allready th newest version ... that's mean there are no updates available to download .
when the updates will be ready to download ??

Hmmm, no one complains that Bluetooth is still not working? I lived in a blissful belief that I fixed it last time, but to my disappointment, I have recently discovered that it is still broken.

This time it should be taken care of for good -- I tested it over and over again until my N900 started to complain about low battery. That is only one among a few changes in Hamster Filer 0.6.3, all of them are listed below.
  • Added an option to save the location on exit.
  • Fixed misdetection of existing entries when creating a new file/directory.
  • Added some error messages to the file details dialog.
  • Better recovery from an invalid starting location.
  • Reduced the margin in the settings window to avoid horizontal scrolling with wider fonts.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
Thanks for the great filemanager . This is the only file manager that worked with the keyboard ( the digitiser was broken last month ) .

The Following User Says Thank You to myname24 For This Useful Post:

Tags
hamster filer, nokia n900