Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Global warming is nothing you can blame the humans for. They just speed up the process with the egotistical way of living.

People need to make secrefices. Too many are not willing to do so... Yet.

To me it's most important that the sailfish survives, don't really cares for humans, tigers, dogs and snakes.
And this has what to do with Jolla exactly?

Here's a hint: nothing - congrats on derailing yet another thread man.

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Wow, given how very little we still know, that's extremely judgmental/conclusive don't you think...
It's odd how some users are already forming iron-clad, line-in-the-sand opinions, based on what little public info. there is, I wonder why.

By the way, the docs in my sig will be read-only soon, the only way to add further input/content, will be via the thread or the doc's built-on comment system.

Hehehe, just had to screenshot this one, some of the exchanges here seem like they're between folks on weed ;-p
stop calling my comments like they are on weed. they aint.
given that that guy from yolla only mentioned China and its distribution channel and how they have spent hundreds or hours in china studying its consumers, why are my comments out of line?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by balisingh View Post
given that that guy from yolla only mentioned China and its distribution channel and how they have spent hundreds or hours in china studying its consumers, why are my comments out of line?
It wasn't a dig on you. It's towards the nigh-continuous nonsense from Dave999.

Trust me. I think more and more convinced each day that he's a bot with a sense of (very poorly scripted) humor.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
And this has what to do with Jolla exactly?

Here's a hint: nothing - congrats on derailing yet another thread man.
Nothing, really. However, even jolla will affected when the ice age comes faster thanks to the global warming,

I just answer a statement directed at me, simular to what you just did, joining conversation with a non jolla post out of the blue.

Plus, what's has your last posts to do with Jolla. So you posting the same off posting post too, just a little more dressed.

I am a thanks generator I see its still working. I thing we should have assistance thanks as well. More thanks to the users at TMO. And follow me and you get rewarded with lots of free thanks

Next year is the year of the sailfish. The sea level will rise and we will see a sailfish boom. Just look at the moves...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2dsse_P-w8

One man can't derail a thread. It must be two to Tango. Are you speaking for jalyst too now. Lol please speak for yourself only, it can be so wrong about what other users mean.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-12-02 at 07:59.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by balisingh View Post
Try reading it again for better comprehension...

Maybe because we still don't know the full picture, maybe that's why...
How do you expect them to have a full-blown, worldwide, distribution network (ala Nokia) overnight?
It's impossible for a tiny start-up like them....
Which is why they're focusing on a few select markets, & building out from there.
To get around that problem (or at least mitigate it) they'll probably have some kind of online purchase model too.
Look at Chinese start-ups like Meizu, Xiaomi, & Oppo for a "rough idea" of how they'll approach the situation.
At least I hope Jolla's been studying them, God only knows...

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
It wasn't a dig on you.
+1

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
By the way, the docs in my sig will be read-only soon, the only way to add further input/content, will be via the thread or the doc's built-on comment system.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-12-02 at 09:01.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Does ambians(theme) affect only the background or buttons too? or even better, could you connect a desktop settings to an image?

Why is ambians good...Still to little information...we need to dig deeper

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-12-02 at 10:06.

if people really want hildon on a device all they had to do was check out the cordiaHD project which has successfully done this, while its still a work in progress, its built on the mer core which can be booted off most android devices with a unlocked boot loader.

on topic. while am liking the look of jolla, there hasnt been much mention about exactly how many android apps will work, some sources say a few, the technology itself says all, so which one is it?

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
**** yes! my next phone!!

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
From the interesting article:
... says Jussi Hurmola, former CEO of Jolla and now a consultant to the company.
Uh, really? I was a bit surprised not to see him on stage at Slush but I thought he was still in Jolla's board.

Tags
dave ate sail, fishing jolla, n9 sailfish, nokia n950, sailfish, sailfish os, sailfish video, where?