Active Topics

Notices

Desperately asking for help...

Hi N9 fellows, I've been following TMO and this thread every now and then. Started to use Wazapp since August, went through Wazapp breakdown times as everyone here did. My problem was that it always failded to get the registration code on my N9 itself, but I had several successes getting the code from other devices then enter the code on N9, and it worked. I think some users here know exactly what I'm talking about...

But since this big breakdown on Nov 5. I never get back to my Wazapp again. I successfully got the codes from my old phone or my friend's phone, then register with the code on N9, but then it showed "remove your account from the account manager and re-register again", I deleted my Wazapp acount, got the new code and tried again, still it asked me to re-register, and the same thing happened three (or four) times (everytime with a new code)!! Super frustrated...

I updated to the lastest version everytime when it came out. Had deleted everything Wazapp related and reinstall it. Didn't work out.

Please tell me what to do... I don't want to just give up Wazapp with my beloved N9!!!
Thanks in advance!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 44 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Argentina
Hi, i have an idea, i tried something, maybe can help someone. i don´t know if other had mentioned this before.
I tried to send other file, example: .doc (word).
I changed the .doc extention by .jpg, the galery show this file like a broken .jpg file, set wazzap to no resize image before send, selec that file and send.
In the other phone, find this file, in the image folder, rename the extention and open.
I tried only with .doc file and work fine.
It just an idea
Sorry for my bad english.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by eennbb View Post
Hi, i have an idea, i tried something, maybe can help someone. i don´t know if other had mentioned this before.
I tried to send other file, example: .doc (word).
I changed the .doc extention by .jpg, the galery show this file like a broken .jpg file, set wazzap to no resize image before send, selec that file and send.
In the other phone, find this file, in the image folder, rename the extention and open.
I tried only with .doc file and work fine.
It just an idea
Sorry for my bad english.
Its a well-known whatsapp work-around

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tampico, México
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Its a well-known whatsapp work-around
yea, but developers could make this automatically and save manual effort

Last edited by dcastrog; 2012-11-26 at 20:23.

Originally Posted by dcastrog View Post
yea, but developers could make this automatically save manual effort
yes, but this is the maemo/meego community, we do like a boss

Last edited by eennbb; 2012-11-26 at 19:11.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Brasil
Originally Posted by dcastrog View Post
yea, but developers could make this automatically save manual effort
With all respect for your opinion, dcastrog, I don't agree. That is a Whatsapp and many others apps issue, and devs can't worry about this kind of question. Anyway, even if Wazapp could do that operation (automatically renaming file extension), there is no way to receiver (Wazapp) to know which is original file extension.

Perhaps I didn't understand what you wrote...

Last edited by celsorusso; 2012-11-26 at 19:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to celsorusso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tampico, México
Originally Posted by celsorusso View Post
With all respect for your opinion, dcastrog, I don't agree. That is a Whatsapp and many others apps issue, and devs can't worry about this kind of question. Anyway, even if Wazapp could do that operation (automatically renaming file extension), there is no way to receiver (Wazapp) to know which is original file extension.

yea, my bad forgot not everyone uses wazapp so cannot tell if its a corrupted jgp or a doc file, but it's good to know this "trick" to use it with my n9 pals

It would be possible to make Wazapp do the rename procedure, add some unique string into the filename if that's not renamed by whatsapp and parse that on another N9. It would only work interwazapp and I don't think filenames are untouched so, nope. Not gonna happen ;-)

Originally Posted by celsorusso View Post

hey, is just an other way or idea to use wazapp, am not saying "add this funtion", is just a comment

btw, i tried with .zip files and work, to me is very useful send small .zip if i need it.

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 112 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Netherlands
@ Coderus

26.11 ;-)

The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony1971 For This Useful Post:

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp