Notices

Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
On the other hand, your problem might be unrelated, see pages 6-7 of this thread.
Thanks, it was that tracker bug indeed. Now all works as expected.

The Following User Says Thank You to ladoga For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ China
photo is more dark than preview

The Following User Says Thank You to mdbxh For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
After some real-life testing, accelerometer mode works only in very low light, as the accelerometer produces values at maximum 100Hz. Thus when the shutter speed is fast enough, the difference between two consecutive frames returns zero and the photo is snapped right away. I will try to fix that.
Digital image stabilization using accelerometer, on N900?

Very interesting stuff, thanks a lot for this. I wonder, are there any things, that are present in fCam (Maemo), yet lacking in rawcam? Also, do you know "lowlight" - a fCam derrivative, that takes low-light images, by shotting two frames, quickly - one with low exposure and high iso, and one with opposite setting - and combining them?

I think, that accelerometer stabilization mixed with above method could produce even better results (or not, if time between frames would be too long). What do ya think?

Edit: Same applies to "HDR picture" - another fCam derrivative, that takes few frames and combines them into HDR image. I wonder, if it could benefit for accelerometer stabilization, too? Both are FOSS, BTW.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Siren For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Padova, Italy
Originally Posted by mdbxh View Post
photo is more dark than preview
me too.

maybe i'm wrong to set raw ram.

the same photo takes with stock camera and raw cam:

stock camera

raw cam with default settings

raw cam with manual settins

The Following User Says Thank You to Cecchi85 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Yes I sometimes noticed this and I was debating if I should crank up the exposure a bit before capturing, but that would affect various devices differently. In normal conditions this difference shouldn't be too big, so I'm inclined to say, learn your device and adjust likewise, or later in software.

This happens even in professional SLR's where the screen (or various computer screens as a matter of fact) display the image a bit differently.

The accelerometer stablization hasn't made it to the N900 yet but it will (as soon as the autobuilder is back up). Also you can expect some more stabilization options too.

Fcamera still has some features that ρcam doesn't, like hdr capture.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Hey qwazix,

Thanks for the 16:9 option, I really appreciate it!!

Remember I told you about these weird lines I had before? Well , I'm almost sure it is the result of some kind of software conflict with your app and another one (even though I'm not using any).
The app works fine for a couple of days and then these horrible lines appear again.

The only solution I found was to reinstall the app.
Do you have any ideas what could cause these artefacts?

It's really weird, please try to pinpoint it, as I won't be able to look into it if I can't reproduce it. You say that uninstalling and reinstalling fixes the problem?

Maybe try deleting the .rawcam folder from /home/user rawcam.conf file from /home/user/.config/oob/, (settings will be reset)

Last edited by qwazix; 2012-12-09 at 18:30.

First of all, thanks for this excellent piece of software !

Second, could you investigate something related to the gallery and wazapp ?
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...00#post1300500

I believe after taking a picture, rawcam is breaking something affecting the preview API.
Cheers,

ρCam does nothing but save new pictures in jpg and dng format in MyDocs/DCIM (no API calls or anything, it would be the same if you just copied a picture there yourself)

It is possible that the existence of dng images in DCIM breaks something. If disabling DNG save from settings solves the problem then I can change the location that the DNG files are being saved

On the other hand the breakage might occur every time a big file is written and tracker tries to read it and create a preview.

I have disabled DNG file for now... (might be the default setting ?)

Thanks,