Where is Jussi Hurmola? I thought he is the head of sailfishOS?

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Switzerland/Zurich
So in one of the videos OS seems to be running on N950 - that means it should be easy to get it working on N9, right? It looks great and as a ver 0.001 or something similar is quite stunning. Let's wait for 1.0 and hope it will have enough time to polish all the rough edges!

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Norway
Unfortunately, I am not as impressed as when I saw harmattan for the first time. But I guess we will have to wait and see for the final product, both hardware and software.

Hopefully Android applications will work flawlessly, otherwise I think it will be hard to compete.

OT: No one else thought this was hilarious? :

Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
and I also like what I see from the RIM jobbers

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
It would be nice to have a poll.
which UI do we prefer. Harmattan or Sailfish?
Hildon

ten chars

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Come oooooooooon. Is the guy(the first guy) on stage awake

EDIT: Finally a guy that is trying to own the stage even without presentation. It sounds like he likes what he talking about

David should be jolla's Communication Manager...at least the days when jolla has presentations on stages/and events. He did a great job.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-11-22 at 09:03.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
The SDK presentation going at the moment.

http://slush.fi/stream/?view=event-stage#a

Somehow it tilts me hard, that all foreign Jolla empolyees pronounce the name perfectly just like a finn ('yollaŽ) and all finnish employees pronounce it like an english speaker ('dzolla'). Guys, at least decide how you pronounce the name.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Come oooooooooon. Is the guy on stage awake
He's like a super-energetic Zombie.

Last edited by Rauha; 2012-11-22 at 08:09.

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
The SDK presentation going at the moment.
No video of the SDK?

Argh, MAKE IT WORK!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
You can also see it at http://www.jolla.com

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Daneel View Post
I don't think people who say that this UI is nothing new or that Harmattan had it better realize how the usability of your device will change if you can interact with 3,4 or 5 applications at the same time on the same screen without additional touches/clicks/key-presses/whatever
How the usability of my device will change compared to what? Compared to my N900 or my Symbian-powerd C7 where I have dozens of widgets to interact with right on my homescreens?

Whatever Jolla says about this revolutionary concept seems like marketingbabble to me. What they have is a half-balked cross between a functional widget and a fluid, flexible multitasking view. In the end, neither of those works really well from what I see in the videos.

Having a mini-version of my media player right on my desktop makes my yawn. When did we first have this? On the 770 in 2005? Come on. What I need on the homescreen is a RSS-reader, shortcuts to 5-10 of my favorite contacts (indicating their online status), an email inbox, a scrolling statusnet widget, weather, on/off switches for bluetooth, dlna, nfc, FM-transmitter an thelike, and then of course shortcuts to my favorite applications and websites. I want to pin those to the homescreen, arrange them to my liking and be sure they never change position. I want the contacts shortcuts to be small squares, the size of my fingertip, showing only a person's face, while the email inbox needs to strech over the whole screen width so I can always read the whole subject.

I know I cannot really live without these features because I miss them on the N9. So much, in fact, that I only use the device once a month or so to give it yet another try.

Now they try to re-invent the wheel, which is OK. But I don't think it's necessary that they tell us how groundbreaking and new it's gonna be.

Video is here: http://new.livestream.com/slushlive/eventstage

Scroll it to the beginning.

Tags
dave ate sail, fishing jolla, n9 sailfish, nokia n950, sailfish, sailfish os, sailfish video, where?