Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by bwalter View Post
Good to know. Good bye
Luckly I can still run their OS

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
In the video on their main site, Check it out at 0:50!! theres an Android logo there!

Nice little clue that this is probably going to be getting Android app support

http://jolla.com/

Sorry if somebody already spotted that
SailfishOs wiki

What do the Android app developers need to do get their apps run on Jolla devices / devices based on the Sailfish OS?
Many Android(TM) applications will run on Jolla devices unchanged (Android is a trademark of Google Inc.). If you want to take advantage of all UI and other features of Sailfish OS and make yourapplications fast, you can port your applications to native QT/QML. There are extensive guides available on how to do that.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-11-21 at 19:47.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
SailfishOs wiki

What do the Android app developers need to do get their apps run on Jolla devices / devices based on the Sailfish OS?
Many Android(TM) applications will run on Jolla devices unchanged (Android is a trademark of Google Inc.). If you want to take advantage of all UI and other features of Sailfish OS and make yourapplications fast, you can port your applications to native QT/QML. There are extensive guides available on how to do that.
That's vague but could mean native support for Android apps similar to how BB PlayBook did it, only hopefully much more usable.

Then again, it could also mean that they hope Qt will be more used within Android allowing it to ease the transition between platforms using a single coding but releasing for multi platforms. App developers would go for this as it saves them money from programming three or four seperate apps.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
That's vague but could mean native support for Android apps similar to how BB PlayBook did it, only hopefully much more usable.

Then again, it could also mean that they hope Qt will be more used within Android allowing it to ease the transition between platforms using a single coding but releasing for multi platforms. App developers would go for this as it saves them money from programming three or four seperate apps.
True, but Myriad was on the list of partners if you noticed.

http://www.myriadgroup.com/software/...%20dalvik.aspx

I can't buy a device:
1. when the presenters of the software seems so bored and uninspired that you almost fell a sleep. Where's the passion?(only marc seems inspired, he had some fire, the rest should probably be tied to there work stations )
2. no keyboard.

I hope both change to device announcment so I can change my mind.
You appear to have missed the part where most of the presenters were not speaking in their native tongue. So not only were nervous with stage fright but they had to contend with the English language too.

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
You appear to have missed the part where most of the presenters were not speaking in their native tongue. So not only were nervous with stage fright but they had to contend with the English language too.
Exactly and it's not like they were show presenters they were the developers and engineers. I think it went well they did seem to be proud of their work

I haven't missed that. There are ways around that. Either way, now they have some more experience so they are more confident next time. Practice is the cure Add a keyboard to that and they will be unstoppable...

...Plus I think they deliver a Pro presentation tomorrow when it's time for the SDK...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-11-21 at 20:43.

I haven't missed that. There are ways around that. Either way, now they have some more experience so they are more confident next time. Practice is the cure Add a keyboard to that and they will be unstoppable...

...Plus I think they deliver a Pro presentation tomorrow when it's time for the SDK...
Have to agree with you there... Being devs, you would expect them to be more comfortable when it comes to talking about their toys.

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK

It looks very nice. Not too far from our harmattan, which is a nice touch
I think the same, the only thing I see relevant is myriad , if it had n9 , bye bye android and iphone , nothing can equal the UI meego harmattan , nokia really fuc*ked everything, is very sad

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
It would be nice to have a poll.
which UI do we prefer. Harmattan or Sailfish?

Tags
dave ate sail, fishing jolla, n9 sailfish, nokia n950, sailfish, sailfish os, sailfish video, where?