Active Topics

Closed Thread
This is rather disappointing to hear - unannounced maintainence and insufficient planning to ensure updates would function.

I suppose the unwarranted down time could benefit us all by allowing a little lee-way after 1st Jan 2013 for THF to set servers up and migrate the websites, with less interuption?

The Following User Says Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
This is the information we have:
"[...] apparently the script is not compatible with newer versions of python. So needs some figuring out.

Wiki needed to be upgraded because of security issues and now our auth plugin is incompatible."

Board has offered to find someone able to help
We need wiki now! (kernel in CSSU is suspended due wiki, migration process is suspended, ...)

When will be wiki working again?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Nemein didn't provide an estimation of what time will require. And right now, we completely depend on their support.

I have asked for administrative rights of both Wiki and Autobuilder so it could be fixed by community members, and offered to recruit someone with knowledge to help them.

I have also asked some reputed and trusted members from community to be part of our own administrators group. Right now:
- freemangordon
- pali
- merlin1991
- woody14619
- momcilo
- lma
- Current Council members: joerg_rw, qwazix, Mentalist Traceur

Council and Board are in copy for that email too, here is the text:
Dear all,

We have just resumed during last week the conversations with Nemein about the migration of the infrastructure, which is currently hosted at Logica but administrated by Nemein.

It's yet undecided if we will keep running our services at Nemein or with any other hosting provider (as it also depends on a number of issues yet to clarify with Nokia, funding and possible sponsors).

It's probably that Nemein (i.e. X-Fade) would be able to do some, if not all, the work for migrating the services, but we should be prepared to the possibility that we might need to set up the new infrastructure by ourselves.

In any case, we will need to form an administrators group. This is something I've been pushing for several months without luck up to now, but it seems that Nemein is more responsive now that we have a legal backup.

Now during this week, X-Fade has been travelling and some services have fallen. He already knows about it and would probably fix the problems during next week, but it seems that some people are now thinking that the final shutdown is coming. I've tried to calm down at TMO, but anyhow, it's a good moment to go away with the formation of this official group of administrators, and the first task for them would be to backup as much as possible (just to be prepared for the worse).

I have included in this mail some people that have already volunteered in some occasion to ask you if you really want to be part of the team, please answer if you still want to be part of it. This would be an official position that, if accepted, needs to be ratified in next Board meeting.

While we obtain the necessary root permissions from Nemein and the hosting issues gets solved, I think that joerg_rw and qwazix could coordinate the efforts for backuping everything possible.
The only one that answered to that email was lma. He declined to be in an official position but offered to help in technical tasks for migration.

Then I included thedead1440 and brkn in the loop, as they offered to help with a temporal backup of services. No one has answered yet to their proposal.

I have asked Council to help in creating a list of administrators. They should have the required knowledge and be trustful enough to be part of the group. That list (of volunteers) should be appointed by Board to make it official; next meeting is tomorrow, but I don't have any official volunteer yet. That wouldn't avoid the fact that until Nemein fixes the problems or shares the administration rights, we depend on them.

And that's all I have been able to do in my spare time. Honestly, I can't tell you when will Wiki be available again.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
If something is needed I can help with backup too. (Note that I cloned all garage projects git repositories to gitorious)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
No news yet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
any news about harmattan-dev machine? I could not reinstall harmattan sdk because the host is down.

nokia could provide some tools to mirror the entire web as my best dream of see the entrire source code of harmattan is a mere no go, nokia could instead provide a clear communication with the community for the next plan of harmattan-dev site so if it's going to be shutted down we can make stable mirror so we can keep using the harmattan-sdk that, as for now, is entirely dependant on nokia server.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by suzughia View Post
any news about harmattan-dev machine? I could not reinstall harmattan sdk because the host is down<SNIP>
It's not being shut-down, Nokia's made that clear, & that's been relayed in TMO threads & elsewhere.
Main thread for discussing everything that's down, & how we're dealing with it, is here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=87815
Lets try to keep everything in the one place please...

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-11-19 at 10:47.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread