Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ The Netherlands
Of course Henry91 has a point here, but I must say, as happy as I am with all the work of the devs, and these people are heroes in the eyes of this community of under-appreciated phone owners no mistake, The waiting is never easy.

Originally Posted by inte View Post
Wow thanks, didn't see that!
Great I guess I might co later and see if it crosscompiles and runs from the scratch.
That's amazing!
People are providing development snapshot and nightly packages of those branches, see the wiki: http://wiki.maemo.org/Wazapp

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
a lot of features was prepared to be included in wazapp before whatsapp auth method was changed. there are no way to upgrade only protocol for now. and pushed sources isnt ready to be used. but it closer to release time than was yesterday.

=)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Inte, we are using the developer version instead.. All the new features are tested over here, save it to your favourites, when there's a new release, you can try the beta from here
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jb00mbx6tldb33x/G08rB-Goso

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
a lot of features was prepared to be included in wazapp before whatsapp auth method was changed. there are no way to upgrade only protocol for now. and pushed sources isnt ready to be used. but it closer to release time than was yesterday.

=)
Maybe it is better to have Wazapp 1.0 fully functional, stable and connected

The Following User Says Thank You to hamoud younes For This Useful Post:
@coderus, do you think that we can expect an update for today? no pressure, just for know... I miss my wazapp, but its sunday... I don't know if tgalal will work today... I think that in egypt is valentines day... sorry for bad english xD

for those who wants to know what tgalal is dealing with, visit and read :
"http://lowlevel-studios.com/whatsapp-protocol-1-2-a-brief-explanation"
It is not a quite small change !!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to hamoud younes For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hamoud younes View Post
for those who wants to know what tgalal is dealing with, visit and read :
"http://lowlevel-studios.com/whatsapp-protocol-1-2-a-brief-explanation"
It is not a quite small change !!
woah...

hell, its too much

Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
If the protocol fix has been done it should be released as soon as possible instead of waiting for unrelated stuff like translations to be included. It's not nice to keep thousands of wazapp users without any functioning app for many days. Respect must go both ways. Developers should also respect their users instead of treating them as beggars. Please stop pulling out the old argument that the developers are doing it for free. They have been supported by the community with donations.

If the developers are still working hard on a fix please ignore my comments. Your efforts are much appreciated. Some update to keep users informed would be nice. Btw, I do not use wazapp so I have no stake in this.
I do not know Tarek personally, however, for his comments and the stability of his two official versions, he gives me the impression of being a person who would only release the fix if it is working 100%, I understand the protocol change is not like changing a couple of numbers so I'm aware this may take some more time than he expected. I guess that's a good point and I doubt the devs would treat anyone as beggars. Some people like begging so badly and that's different. Anyways, it is not like the end of the world if wazapp does not work, I use it quite often when it is available, however, my cell is such a good phone that I can also use SMS or even call (just saying).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dazsa For This Useful Post:

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp